Missing replies from group messages that I start (Verizon GS5, Android v4.4.4)

Shadowhawk

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have an odd issue that I'm not sure I've pinned down, but I am hoping others might have ideas about it.

In a group conversation that I've initiated with 3 friends who have iPhones (not sure how many are on iOS7 vs 8), I never see any replies into that conversation from the group. Here's what I know abou t it so far:
  • It's not the iMessage bug for iOS users for switching to Android--at least not the normal, blanket manifestation of that. I did switch from iOS, and I did have that problem, but it's been more than 60 days, I'd called Apple about a week or two into my switch to have them manually remove my number from the iMessage servers, and I've successfully received lots of text messages from previously problematic iPhone users.
  • It *might* be new since updating to v4.4.4. But I'm not sure if I've only just identified the issue and it had been there before, or whether it is in fact new. I *is* likely that I've initiated group conversations with that set of three people before and seen replies back, but I'm not 100% sure. I *am* sure that the first time I noticed it was on October 8, after initiating a group conversation with two out of those same three iPhones.
  • I have seen this in the Samsung stock messaging app. The Group Conversation checkbox is definitely checked. I am not sure about whether this behavior changes if I were to have used the Verizon Message+ app. I don't think that I can initiate a new conversation with those same three iPhones from the other app. Now that I think about it, I'll try a different subset of two out of those three phones. I'll update with news of that testing.
  • I can receive individual text messages from each of those iPhone users.
  • I can see everyone's replies in another conversation is started by a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 user, when the conversation includes those same three iPhones, my GS5, and that GN3.

Has anyone else seen, noticed, or heard of anything like this? Any ideas on what it might be or what else I might test or check?

anon(6793759)

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem:

When I send a group text to two iphone users, I can only receive the replies from one. The other, had recently lost her iphone and has received a new one from Verizon, but now I cannot receive her texts in the group messages. When I had switched from an iphone previously, I had gone through all of the other gyrations to now receive from iphone people. Now this setback. I have deregistered my phone number from imessage servers, I now use Textra, I changed itunes/apple passwords.

Like the Shadowhawk post, what else?

shmirill

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I have the same problem with my OnePlus... I'm missing random messages in group chats with iPhone users. I have no problem with regullar messages with iPhone users, only group. For example, i have a group conversation with my friends (4 people), and can only see response from one person...Super annoying...

What even more weird, that i have other group chains, and their i can see their responses...

I have tried different APN settings for AT&T and currently using Textra...

Any help will be greatly appriciated!

Shadowhawk

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any answers, unfortunately. At this point, I'm mostly just hoping that I'm not missing anything critical--which is to say that I've given up on this until something else springs up that might suggest a direction of investigation or troubleshooting.

Somewhere along the way here, I expect that I'll do a Samsung Spot video chat for support on it, but, with all the potential factors, I don't have super high hopes that they'll be able to figure it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non