Why does my default 'Camera' app Video recorder microphone have static?

xGvPx

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Default 'Camera' app Video recorder microphone static

Hello,

I am new to Samsung smartphones but own two Samsung tablets, and have a general sense of video/audio. I have an issue with my S5 in which, when I use the stock Camera app (and any other Camera app I have tried), I receive microphone static. The weird thing is I do not receive static when I use Voice Recorder app set for "Interview" mode, so I imagine what is happening is the default setting for the microphone is too sensitive. My main question is whether or not there are any Video recorder apps out there in which I can change the microphone settings like I can in Voice Recorder.

I did my due diligence here and found this thread:
... never mind, apparently I cannot post links until I post 10 messages here...well, I searched this forum, lol...and did not find a solution to my concerns. That's all I meant to say.

I will go ahead and test out my speakerphone, but in the meantime, I am looking to see if anything has "changed." If I could buy a microphone attachment, for example, like a boom mic for the S5, or if I could do anything to change the record mode of the mic...anything other than call Verizon lol.

I tried about five Camera apps and did not find anything close to what I want, and I have not been able to find a boom or anything like that. My secondary question is whether or not I simply have a faulty microphone. My Camera seems to function fine as far as back/front etc., the only issue is the static. I have read the first few S5s had a few problems but do not assume this phone is from that batch.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Default 'Camera' app Video recorder microphone static

If the phone is under replacement warranty (and an S5 would be), I never waste my time (nor did I when I owned cellphone stores) trying to repair one unless it was a few button pushes or changing a few settings. If Samsung is willing to give you a new one (ultimately, no matter who replaces it, Samsung eats the cost), I'm happy to let them. I have more important things to do, like watching paint dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez