new to android - wallpaper and other help

tylerf1986

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey people. So I just picked up my first android phone; a Galaxy S5. So first thing I did was install Nova Launcer (open to other suggestions). Just recently I have been on some wallpaper sites for S5. Whenever I save an image and try to set it as my background for my home screen, almost half of the window is black, vertically, while the rest is the actual image. Then when I swipe home screens (I have 2) its the same thing on the second page, only mirrored. (As if image is in between home screen windows)
One background that works is the one from the UI theme, but i do notice ghe backgound actually changes between the 2 pages as if the full image stretched between them.

Ps: also open to any input on garbage i can disable/uninstall. Currently with Telus.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh and on the launcher, you probably need to find the setting that stops the wallpaper from scrolling. Someone that uses Nova will know exactly where it is and what it is called.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
To change your wallpaper from Nova do this:

- Long press a blank spot in your screen.
- Select "wallpaper".
- Select the app with the wallpaper you're going to set. Tap on the wallpaper.
- Resize or crop. Select ok when done.

When using Zedge or similar apps the best way is first download the wallpaper you want to set and save it in "favourites" inside the app. That's going to make much easier the whole process.