Why aren't my music files that I've transferred over playing?

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Having trouble with music transfer

My SD Card was damaged a few days ago but I managed to retrieve pictures and all my music from the card before I had to format it. Now every time I try to transfer my music back to my phone the files won't play and this is happening to all of my 800+ collection and I really don't want to have to start again. Any suggestions?

If it's of any help, I am using an Acer laptop and transferring to the Samsung Galaxy S5

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Having trouble with music transfer

Play a file on the laptop. Does it play? If not, it was damaged and putting it on th SD card won't fix it.

If it does, and you put it on the SD card and it doesn't play (just the one file), plug the card (not the phone) into the computer and run chkdsk on it from a cmd prompt. (C:>chkdsk e: /f - assuming the SD card reader is the E: drive.) If chkdsk reports the card bad, unless it's a SanDisk, there's probably nothing you can do but replace it. (If it's a SanDisk, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support, open a live chat [upper right part of the screen] and see if they'll replace it. I think their cards have a 5 year warranty.)

Oh - if you formatted the card in the computer, did you format it again when you put it back into the phone? You should.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall