Random whistling??

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I seem to have random issues after updating to lollipop on my verizon s5. The latest thing my phone is doing is the super annoying whistle notification. When I check my phone, I have no notification to indicate what the whistle was for. I don't have it set as a notification sound for anything that I am aware of. Anyone know what is causing the whistle?? Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check your ringtones, notifications and alarms, one at a time, for the whistle sound. Then you'll know the name you're looking for.

If you can't find any app using it, find the file itself and rename it - for instance if it's an mp3 file, rename it to mp (then restart the phone). Some action won't alert you - that's the one that was using the whistle mp3. (Then you can rename it back to mp3 if you want to use it for something.)

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have checked all of those and it is not set for anything. No notification comes up on my screen, either when locked or unlocked, when the whistle occurs, just the sound. It did not start until I upgraded to lollipop...

ksag93

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I can happen when ur network keeps switching from 4g to 3g or vice versa. I was having the same problem with mine,but then I changed it from automatic to a specific one. I hope it helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Interesting... I'll have to look closely the next time I hear it and see if that's the case. Where do I go to change it from automatic to specific?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87