Why isn't my Lollipop Bluetooth audio working in my car?

A

AC Question

Lollipop bluetooth audio in car not working

Since my Galaxy S5 was upgraded to lollipop, I can't control my music from my bluetooth connected car stereo. It was working fine on the previous OS. Please help
Thanks

esemmoc

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
The same thing is happening to me. The previous os was fine. I drive a Camry and what happens is I can connect but then the bluetooth disconnects. This pattern of connecting and disconnecting continues. I've been to Verizon, Toyota, and Samsung help and they all point the finger not at themselves. Very frustrating.

jake_net

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
1. Unpair both devices (remove the car from the phone; vice versa)
2. Make sure you turned off your bluetooth
3. Go to: Settings -> Applications -> Application Manager -> All
4. Clear Cache first then Clear Data: "Bluetooth", "Bluetooth Test"
5. Enable bluetooth & pair again with your car
6. IMMEDIATELY disconnect (you can do it from either way; car or bluetooth).. but keep the bluetooth turned ON
7. Download latest "Bluetooth File Transfer" application from Google Play
8. Open it and switch to the second tab ("bluetooth icon")
9. Select your car and do the following three things one by one (until they complete!!!): File Transfer Profile (FTP), Object Push Profile (OPP), Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
PLEASE NOTE: each of these steps may take 5-10 minutes and will FAIL for sure (a "STOP" sign will pop up in the application after it completed the action partially. Be patience and wait until that. If you did all three steps you can close the "Bluetooth File Transfer" app and move on Step 10.)
10. Go to Settings -> Security -> Trust agents -> Smart Lock (Google): ON
11. (you may need to leave and re-enter to Settings to see it) Smart Lock -> Trusted devices -> Bluetooth -> your car

Your phone should work again fine w/ the car. I've tried with my AT&T Note 4 after having the same issues.. 2 days perfect (even after few restarts). Also my friend followed these step on Verizon Note 4, also resolved the problem.

x1sspic

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The same thing is happening to me. The previous os was fine. I drive a Camry and what happens is I can connect but then the bluetooth disconnects. This pattern of connecting and disconnecting continues. I've been to Verizon, Toyota, and Samsung help and they all point the finger not at themselves. Very frustrating.

What year and what radio? I have a 2012 Camry with audio with display navigation. About a month ago it suddenly acted up. Would work fine for a little while, then the bluetooth will disconnect and shut off. Have to power cycle the radio to get the bluetooth to come back. I have reset the radio etc and thought I had witnessed behavior without the phone even connected. Took 2 weeks to get into the Toyota dealer. During that time it would work fine a little, then not work, then work and so on. Showed the behavior to the tech when I dropped it off. Picked it up at the end of the day and was told "it must be your phone, we've connected multiple bluetooth devices and haven't had any issues." My job requires a lot of talking on the phone, and I live in a state with a handsfree law, so this has been very frustrating. I was convinced it was the bluetooth module going bad, but maybe it is lollipop causing this. I have the galaxy S5 on verizon, and see that I updated to the second lollipop release from Verizon on 4/2. Which might be just about the time I started having bluetooth issues. I'll have to try the instructions from jake_net and see how that works!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk