If I install cyanogen mod on my at&t's S5, Would I be able to use S-health and the exclusive stuff?

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
If I install cyanogen mod on my at&t's S5, Would I be able to use S-health and the exclusive stuff?

I want to root my s5 so bad since here in my country I'm unable to get any updates for my s5 (which is currently at 4.4.2) and I want at least 4.4.4 (the first s5 I had was from Verizon and had 4.4.4 and in comparison with my current s5, it had better battery life and better performance overall) but every single time I search for an update it fails to locate one. What should I use?, root the phone and install cyanogenmod to get the android 5.0 experience or should I install another rom designed for the s5 or should I just wait for the official update to be available?

*BTW, I don't care about the warranty since I'm overseas...

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: If I install cyanogen mod on my at&t's S5, Would I be able to use S-health and the exclusive stu

Nope I tried that very thing. It didn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: If I install cyanogen mod on my at&t's S5, Would I be able to use S-health and the exclusive stu

Nope I tried that very thing. It didn't work.

So my only options are to flash my s5 with a rom designed for it or to wait?

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

When I tried to use Samsung apps, they just crashed. Idk try it if you want. Cyanogen mod is great.

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

When I tried to use Samsung apps, they just crashed. Idk try it if you want. Cyanogen mod is great.

Do you have a link of how to install it?, the official cyanogen webpage dedicated to the galaxy s5 installation says: "DO NOT USE THIS GUIDE ON VERIZON OR ATT DEVICES! These carriers enforce boot image signing and attempting to use this guide will end in misery/tears."

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Do you have a link of how to install it?, the official cyanogen webpage dedicated to the galaxy s5 installation says: "DO NOT USE THIS GUIDE ON VERIZON OR ATT DEVICES! These carriers enforce boot image signing and attempting to use this guide will end in misery/tears."
I suggest you take a look at GalaxyS5Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy S5 and Install Custom ROMs! . I think the guy who made the website is the same person that uploads youtube videos on rooting galaxy s5 under the username: zedomax . When you are stuck there is a Q&A section on the root guide page. I wish you good luck if you decide to continue. If not, Galaxy S5 with Lollipop is really good. I've tried both of them and I really liked them.

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

You cannot install Cyanogen on a phone with a locked boot loader. If you are on Verizon your out of luck. You'll have to stick with ROMs based on Touchwiz. There are several good ROMs to check out in the Verizon S5 section of the XDA forums.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

You cannot install Cyanogen on a phone with a locked boot loader. If you are on Verizon your out of luck. You'll have to stick with ROMs based on Touchwiz. There are several good ROMs to check out in the Verizon S5 section of the XDA forums.

Posted via the Android Central App

My s5 is from AT&t, is there any way to do it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Rooting isn't going to let you install a ROM if there is no ROM for your model S5 (N900A). If the stock AT&T ROM works with your carrier, you can get the stock ROM from Firmware for Samsung SM-G900A - SamMobile as soon as they put one back there. (They've pulled a lot of buggy ones recently.)

Or you can go to AT&T Galaxy S5 Android Development - XDA Forums and see if there are any ROMs you're interested in. They're all variations of the stock ROM (there may even be a thread with the stock 4.4.4), but they'll flash to the AT&T S5. (If you don't know how to put a ROM on a Samsung phone read our guide at [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.)