Update to lollipop lollipop

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Today I updated lollipop 5. The installation went relatively smooth, but there were strange happenings. The screen went totally blank after the first update was installed. It look like the phone was dead. No button would activate the phone. I was on the phone to Verizon when the phone came back on and continue the installation. The delay was at least 10 minutes. After the first application was installed. The verizon screen went blank. It stayed that way for 5 minutes and acted as though the phone was locked up. While I was making another call to verizon, the phone started to install the rest of the application. The rest went smoothly. My complaint is that during the insulation, a dialog box does not tell you what's going on. So if you're installing lollipop, be patient.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sounds nerve-wracking. Be on the lookout for more issues--there are quite a few threads going on about S5 Lollipop problems.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That sounds nerve-wracking. Be on the lookout for more issues--there are quite a few threads going on about S5 Lollipop problems.

The installation, except for the blank screen and delay, went almost perfectly. It was well worth it.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network