Why aren't my Google Play games app working?

GuyJones1988

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Google play games app not working

Good day my fellow humans, i have a problem with my phone. When opening the Google play games app, all the pages within it are blank. If i go to the 'my games' tab, it'll just show a spinning blue circle forever and ever. When launching a game such as simcity buildit (which i spent months on), the game starts of as if I've never played it before. If i press connect to google within the settings, it'll do nothing at all. it is like my Google play games app is completely dead. I've factory reset the phone twice, I've reinstalled the entire OS twice and still i get the same problem. However, i do have bluestacks on the PC and my Google play games account works perfectly fine. My COD heroes base is there, my simcity base is there, the Google play games app launches fine. I even tried it on a different android phone and it retrieved my saves and launched Google games app just fine

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google play games app not working

I had the same problem the other day. I just rebooted my phone. Sometimes it can get like that if the Google Play app needs an update. I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

GuyJones1988

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

I had the same problem the other day. I just rebooted my phone. Sometimes it can get like that if the Google Play app needs an update. I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I've rebooted it many times and even reinstalled the entire android OS 2 times. Nothing i do makes it work and it's really annoying because i can't get my game saves from the google cloud. It's like the play games app doesn't even try to connect to my google account. There are no updates either.

MarcusS5

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

Yesterday my Samsung galaxy S5 crashed, so I had to reinstall my entire phone. Everything works again, except Google Play Games. Since the reinstall I have the same problem GuyJones1988 mentions: the app does open but then doesn't make a connection with my Google+ account. I hope somebody knows what to do quickly, because this sucks :-\

GuyJones1988

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

Yesterday my Samsung galaxy S5 crashed, so I had to reinstall my entire phone. Everything works again, except Google Play Games. Since the reinstall I have the same problem GuyJones1988 mentions: the app does open but then doesn't make a connection with my Google+ account. I hope somebody knows what to do quickly, because this sucks :-\

I've just this second finished downgrading my samsung galaxy S5 back down to android kitkat. My play games is now working but does not work when i have android lollipop. A lot of people have had nothing but trouble with android lollipop on the S5. If you have a computer, it is pretty easy and quick to downgrade your phone back to android kitkat until samsung fix up the lollipop version.

MarcusS5

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

Okay, thx for the quick respond.
How did you do the downgrade quickly, cause I cannot find a 4.4.2. kitkat version on sammobile that I can download.

Ricardo Paes

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem after a recent Play games App update.
The only way to fix it was to revert the app to the previous version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress