I'm Ready to do a FR or Throw This LolliFlopped Phone into the Lake! Can someone please help stop me?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm Ready to do a FR or Throw This LolliFlopped Phone into the Lake!

At this point, the lake option is in the lead by a nose! I don't keep my pictures and videos in the cloud nor do i want to upload them to back them up to the cloud for this purpose. Being on satellite, my data plan is slower than 4G and limited. So backing them to the computer is my best bet but I want them restored to the exact directory the came from and future pictures and videos will be stored. Which program do you guys suggest? Contacts and call history should be backed up by Google, right?

In Services/Backup and Restore, "Back up my data" and "Automatic restore" are both CHECKED. One thing I DON'T want to do is the phone automatically download and install all the apps I have now. There will be a lot I won't want to put back on the phone. With the "Automatic Restore" CHECKED, will that be the case or will the settings of only the apps I choose to reinstall be restored? Seems like one time (a different phone) I did a FR the Play Store downloaded ALL my previously installed programs. How do I keep that from happening?

Thanks,
Monica

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: I'm Ready to do a FR or Throw This LolliFlopped Phone into the Lake!

Samsung Kies is a good bet for backing up on your laptop.
I think you can stop apps from auto downloading in the setup process but its been awhile sense I've been through that...

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I've completed the first phase of a FR. I did NOT save all the user data and apps. My contacts, messages and call logs were backed up and have been restored. I'll manually restore photos and videos later. What I'm freaked out about is my wallpaper was back. If I did a FR and didn't save any user data, how could that be? (Also, I wiped clean and removed my SD card before doing the FR).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I've completed the first phase of a FR. I did NOT save all the user data and apps. My contacts, messages and call logs were backed up and have been restored. I'll manually restore photos and videos later. What I'm freaked out about is my wallpaper was back. If I did a FR and didn't save any user data, how could that be? (Also, I wiped clean and removed my SD card before doing the FR).

Oddly, my S5 set up exactly as it was and I did a reset through recovery. This is a good feature, more want it than don't.

My Note 4 did not do the same.

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

go ahead.....throw it into the lake.
s5 is water resistant anyways:p

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

go ahead.....throw it into the lake.
s5 is water resistant anyways

Posted via the Android Central App
Great !! Now I can retrieve it from the lake in mint condition

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm slowly getting things back together. It's like moving into a new house and unpacking (haven't done that in 34 years). Seems like I'll be finding odds and ends to tweak for weeks. Still don't understand why/how my Zedge-downloaded wallpaper was on the screen when the phone booted up. Still running a bit syrupy so I reduce the window transition and enabled Developers Options to reduce other animation transition by .5 sec and disabled some apps I'll never use. NOT happy with the battery life. BIG difference from KK but now with the tweaks I've made and a few restarts, it will get better. I plugged in at 13% battery life left. I had 16 hours on the phone and 4 hours of screen time. Pre-Lolliflop I was getting over 24 hours with 3 hours screen time (average) and plugging in at about the same battery %

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm slowly getting things back together. It's like moving into a new house and unpacking (haven't done that in 34 years). Seems like I'll be finding odds and ends to tweak for weeks. Still don't understand why/how my Zedge-downloaded wallpaper was on the screen when the phone booted up. Still running a bit syrupy so I reduce the window transition and enabled Developers Options to reduce other animation transition by .5 sec and disabled some apps I'll never use. NOT happy with the battery life. BIG difference from KK but now with the tweaks I've made and a few restarts, it will get better. I plugged in at 13% battery life left. I had 16 hours on the phone and 4 hours of screen time. Pre-Lolliflop I was getting over 24 hours with 3 hours screen time (average) and plugging in at about the same battery %
If you post your battery stats we could help you better...

Charge your phone all the way to 100% then use it normally till it reaches 30%. Now go to settings -> battery and take a screenshot. Next, tap the battery graph and take another screenshot

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yes you have to make tweaks. My S5 battery was better after Lollipop and my N4 is much better. Last night I got 9 hours screen time and about 14 hours battery life.

You have to tweak and let things settle in.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Yes you have to make tweaks. My S5 battery was better after Lollipop and my N4 is much better. Last night I got 9 hours screen time and about 14 hours battery life.

You have to tweak and let things settle in.

Don't you think it's funny how you buy a flagship phone and end up doing all the tweaking. After all, if transition animations aren't to be enjoyed in high end flagship devices, where else are they to be used?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Don't you think it's funny how you buy a flagship phone and end up doing all the tweaking. After all, if transition animations aren't to be enjoyed in high end flagship devices, where else are they to be used?

I don't do any of the tweaking she is talking about. I tweak my location settings, sync settings, etc. I never touch anything in Developer options.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I don't do any of the tweaking she is talking about. I tweak my location settings, sync settings, etc. I never touch anything in Developer options.

Oh, I wasn't referring to you in particular. Just in general, if you google "Samsung Galaxy <insert flagship name here> lag" you can see entire articles dedicated to solve the lag issue. And one suggestion that all of them give is to disable transition animations, and various tweaks that make you feel like your phone is on the borderline of usable lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I wasn't referring to you in particular. Just in general, if you google "Samsung Galaxy <insert flagship name here> lag" you can see entire articles dedicated to solve the lag issue. And one suggestion that all of them give is to disable transition animations, and various tweaks that make you feel like your phone is on the borderline of usable lol
And I think all of that is crap. I've had every Samsung Galaxy flagship device except the S6 and I don't have issues with lag, never have. I run my phones full power.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

And I think all of that is crap. I've had every Samsung Galaxy flagship device except the S6 and I don't have issues with lag, never have. I run my phones full power.

Wow, are you running Stock or a Custom ROM?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

And actually, I rooted my S5, didn't load a ROM but my S5 was the only one to give me issues. After I unrooted and upgraded, didn't have any issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member