S5 for $150 or Alpha for $0?

BurnsX24

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm ready to upgrade from my S3 with a broken screen. Most carriers in my area are offering the s5 for $150, or the Alpha for $0 on a two year term. I'm looking for advice, im not the most well educated on these devices. I get they're a couple generations removed from the top of the line.my girlfriend has an s5, nice phone but I like the premium design of the Alphas outside. As I understand it, most agree the Alpha is just as good as the S5, apart from the smaller and less advanced screen. I can live with that. Most reviews I read say the biggest draw back was the similar price to the s5 at launch. My real concern is how long will this device be supported with new updates to the OS compared to the S series. Looking for buying advice. Is the alpha a steal at $0, or is the s5 worth the $150?

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I will just say that, coming from an S3 myself (had it for about 3 years) you will be very pleased with an S5. I got mine free from an online deal they had going on ATT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BurnsX24

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Any ideas on how long these devices get supported by future OS updates, or is that a carrier thing? From what I gather, the Alpha and S5 are close in terms of specs. I'm leaning towards the Alpha because of price and overall more premium finish of it. Just concerned with how long it'd be supported by updates as its not the flagship series.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87