Why are videos recorded specifically for mms of such bad quality on the S5?

bonscottmc

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
When recording a video specifically for mms the S5 compresses it so much and the quality is absolutely horrible.. I've had plenty of other phones that have had excellent video quality for mms so I know it's just the S5. Is there any way to improve the quality or a good app for making decent quality mms videos?

I know there can be a file size limit for mms and this has always applied to me. I'm not sure if it's the phone or carrier, but the limit is 300kb. Like I said though, I've had other phones record much better quality video with this limitation.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
When recording a video specifically for mms the S5 compresses it so much and the quality is absolutely horrible.. I've had plenty of other phones that have had excellent video quality for mms so I know it's just the S5. Is there any way to improve the quality or a good app for making decent quality mms videos?

I know there can be a file size limit for mms and this has always applied to me. I'm not sure if it's the phone or carrier, but the limit is 300kb. Like I said though, I've had other phones record much better quality video with this limitation.

If you were a former iPhone user, then video MMS is very disappointing on Android. iPhone's route videos over iMessage - which has a large file size limit of 100 MB. Android sends videos over MMS which is limited by the carrier. In my case (Verizon) the MMS size limit is: 1.2 MB

I have switched to Google Messenger. It is leaps/bounds better than the stock messaging app.

bonscottmc

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
No, I've never owned an iPhone lol. Never been a fan. As I said though, I've had other android phones which have still recorded better quality video for MMS than the S5.. I did work out that the S5 does have a long recording duration for MMS video, so maybe they just went with duration over quality?

I have tried other messaging apps but could never get used to them

Evan Mohr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
The camera is so good it takes too much memory to send in messages so it has to break it down

Posted via the Android Central App

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
No, I've never owned an iPhone lol. Never been a fan. As I said though, I've had other android phones which have still recorded better quality video for MMS than the S5.. I did work out that the S5 does have a long recording duration for MMS video, so maybe they just went with duration over quality?

I have tried other messaging apps but could never get used to them

Google Messenger has been the best for me in terms of MMS. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo