Is it possible to record stereo audio while shooting video on the Pixel 3XL?

owstopit

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
I have been looking for a way to record stereo line in audio on my Pixel 3XL when shooting video. The reason is that I do a lot of videos involving playing music and in order to get high quality stereo audio, I have to record the audio separately and then use editing software to add the audio track to the video. The other option is just to use a different camera and then transfer the video to the pixel before uploading it to Instagram or other platforms.

I got a Behringer UCA222 USB audio interface and while it does work with the Pixel 3XL (you just use an adapter to plug it into the USB-C port and select "external mic" when shooting video) it seems unable to record stereo. It will record mono only and if I listen back to the audio that I recorded through the interface, it is always the left channel only.

So I'm curious if there's any possible way to record line in stereo audio while shooting video? I've heard there are audio recording apps that allow you to record stereo in with an external device, but I'm not aware of any way to do this when shooting video. My understanding is that the Pixel hardware should be able to record stereo, but that the software does not allow it. Any suggestions on this? Thank you!

owstopit

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
Not online for a couple of days.

And no, owstopit, audio input is mono. There's on (center) mic in the phone and the audio adapter has one (center) input for audio.

It seems that stereo recording of audio is possible through 3rd party apps using a usb audio interface, however I haven't been able to find a 3rd party app that shoots video with line in stereo sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174