OK Google no longer working on screen lock???

wml5275

May 21, 2015
Visit site
My OK Google has stopped responding when the screen is locked. If I say OK Google I get the beep I ask a question ex, "What is the current temperature" it beeps again but will not answer until I unlock the screen. I has worked great previously but for some reason it no longer will give me an answer until I unlock the screen. Any suggestions as to what the issue might be or solutions would be appreciated. Thanks to all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the Google Settings app, select Search & Now>Voice>"Ok Google" detection, ​and make sure "From any screen" is turned on.

Ed Ke6bnl

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Open the Google Settings app, select Search & Now>Voice>"Ok Google" detection, ​and make sure "From any screen" is turned on.

on my phone the open on any screen is no longer highlighted and is no able to click on it as is personal results only available to click on only available app
also I have notice that on both my phone and my wife S5 Ok Google does not understand anything I say. It was working great and no longer works

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
My S5 does the same thing. You can ask the question but you have to unlock the screen before you get the answer, as soon as you unlock it, it answers. The "any screen" option is on. I'm on AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App