Contacts - clean up

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contacts strange behavior

It might be time to reinstall the firmware, which you should be able to do with Samsung Smart Switch.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

It might be time to reinstall the firmware, which you should be able to do with Samsung Smart Switch.

I'd love to do that. I downloaded Smart Switch, but it's requiring another device to pair it with. I only have one phone and no computer to transfer the Contacts to. Did I miss something?

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

You need a computer to back up using Smart Switch (which you do not have access to, unfortunately). The Smart Switch that you have on your phone is used to transfer your information to another phone (which will also have Smart Switch installed).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Contacts work around

Please note my system listed below.

My Contacts is not working and won't open,
however the contacts in the PHONE app is working. I need a way to add new contacts or otherwise edit existing contacts. Is there a workaround to this problem? Thanks

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Should be easy to solve

I installed marshmallow and problems began. My Contacts return the error message "Unfortunately, contacts has stopped." I've spent hours trying to find the problem. I give up. One of you probably fix the problem very easily. Which one of you will be my hero?

jljecj

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Should be easy to solve

Check this. Go to settings, applications, then, application manager. Touch the three dots on upper right side and select modify system settings. Make sure that contacts' toggle is on. Let me know if that works.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should be easy to solve

You are a genius. I've been struggling with this for over a week. Samsung, Verizon, and every forum I contacted couldn't solve the problem. You are truly a genius and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks again.