Do I really need TouchWiz on my new S5?

A

AC Question

Just replaced a trusty S4 with an S5, and this TouchWiz app keeps trying to open. Is this bloatware? Do I need it? I don't play music or game much on this phone, mostly use it for text/voice calls, social media. And pictures. TIA

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Could you explain more? TouchWiz is the name of the skin that Samsung's Android phones use, but as far as I know, the only app that has it in the name is "TouchWiz home", which is the phone's home screen. Is that what you're referring to? When does it try to open?

tnmedic

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Could you explain more? TouchWiz is the name of the skin that Samsung's Android phones use, but as far as I know, the only app that has it in the name is "TouchWiz home", which is the phone's home screen. Is that what you're referring to? When does it try to open?

TouchWiz appears while switching between apps. The phone asks if I want "TouchWiz home" always or just once. I am deactivating a lot of the Samsung built-in apps as well. That's why I'm asking, because if it's unnecessary, then I will deactivate TouchWiz as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You can't "deactivate" Touchwiz. Touchwiz is the Android OS with Samsung's UI (User Interface) baked into it.

Do you have Nova, Apex, or any other third party launchers installed?

If no third party launcher, just hit "Always" next time you are promoted and you will never see it again unless you install a 3rd party launcher.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
TouchWiz appears while switching between apps. The phone asks if I want "TouchWiz home" always or just once. I am deactivating a lot of the Samsung built-in apps as well. That's why I'm asking, because if it's unnecessary, then I will deactivate TouchWiz as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

TouchWiz home is the stock home screen launcher, so just choose "Always" if you didn't install a custom launcher to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95