How can I factory reset my phone when the lcd is broken?

amy bignell

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
How can I factory reset my phone when the lcd is broken

I have a Samsung s5 and the lcd recently broke and I was wondering how can I factory reset my phone when the lcd is broken

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: How can I factory reset my phone when the lcd is broken

You need to have Google device manager installed and activated in that phone that have the LCD broke so you can wipe and erase the phone remotely.

Phillip Blake

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: How can I factory reset my phone when the lcd is broken

I had a broken LCD and digitiser and found a solution on another forum, so I thought I would share it just in case anyone else runs into this problem. - This also works for those who just want to factory reset their phone and don't have a broken LCD and digitiser. Anyways...

1. Take out battery or switch of your phone (Either one will work)
2. Hold the power button, volume up button and the home button simultaneously till you hear a vibration
3. When you hear the vibration ONLY let go of the POWER BUTTON immediately (Again ONLY POWER BUTTON)
4. Wait 5 seconds, then let go of the rest of the buttons immediately
5. Now push the volume down button 3 times, and press the power button
6. Then push the volume down button 7 times and press the power button
7. OK, Now wait 2 minutes (This is how long I waited), then press the power button - You will know that this has worked if your phone vibrates - If it doesn't vibrate try again, the phone will restart, you know your phone is back on when you hear that Samsung sound (The normal one it makes when you switch on your phone)
8. Now to make triple sure that your phone has been factory reset, download kies
9. When you go into kies your phone will now be in MTP mode, so it means you can use kies to also factory reset your phone (Which is great because my phone was originally in PTP mode :/)
10. In kies, click on tools and then click firmware update and initialisation, this will also factory reset your phone

You don't have to do the kies bit, but its just a precaution. You will also know that your phone has been factory reset when you connect your phone to your computer and everything in your folder has been changed to its original state.

Anyway, hope this helped :D