Wifi disconnects when idle

inspectahec

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently started having issues with my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 running Lollipop 5.0. Every time the phone goes idle, I don't receive WhatsApp messages, Snaps, emails, etc. I noticed because if I don't use my phone for 15+mins, I stop getting messages, and when I unlock the phone again, after a few moments, I get a barrage of messages or emails that were sent earlier. This leads me to believe that the Wifi cuts off when the phone isn't actively being used. I would think that the messages would still be received using my regular data connection, but I don't get anything. This started happening when I moved to a new apt . In my old apt I had Verizon FiOs with no issues, but now I have Time Warner Cable and a Technicolor 8717 router.

After doing some research I saw that people were resolving this issue by going to their Advanced Wi-Fi settings and setting "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to Always. However, this didn't work for me.

Keep in mind that I also have an iPhone 6s and this doesn't happen to this device. Not sure if this is a router problem or Android issue.

Any help you guys can provide would be awesome.

Thanks!

inspectahec

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
For those that may be having similar issues, I think I fixed my problem. I went into my routers configuration and saw that it designated a DHCP IP address for my phone. Everything else on the network has a dedicated IP address so that's why there was no issue with them. I changed the option from DHCP to dedicated and it seemed to have resolved the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa