How to restore Android update?

bartstope

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a bog standard Galaxy S5 on Three UK, and I got the Marshmellow upgrade Android 6 a couple of weeks ago.

Now, here's the weird thing. For many months, my phone has had the "flickering green screen when the brightness" is low problem and it's been getting gradually worse and so I relented and sent it off to Samsung (very good service, back within a week) and when it came back.... factory reset back to Android 5.

Now, when I try and do an upgrade, it says the latest version of Android is already installed, and I don't get Android 6.

So, if I keep checking for the upgrade, will it eventually work (don't mind waiting a few days) or is something borked?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a bog standard Galaxy S5 on Three UK, and I got the Marshmellow upgrade Android 6 a couple of weeks ago.

Now, here's the weird thing. For many months, my phone has had the "flickering green screen when the brightness" is low problem and it's been getting gradually worse and so I relented and sent it off to Samsung (very good service, back within a week) and when it came back.... factory reset back to Android 5.

Now, when I try and do an upgrade, it says the latest version of Android is already installed, and I don't get Android 6.

So, if I keep checking for the upgrade, will it eventually work (don't mind waiting a few days) or is something borked?

Hello and welcome to Android Central bartstope!

Glad that Samsung sorted out your original problem for you. You may need to wait a few days for the Three U.K. firmware to be pushed to your phone, (providing that they did not flash a generic firmware in the repair process). The best thing to do is to keep re-booting your phone.

Alternatively, you can download the latest stock Samsung firmware for Three U.K., see below, and flash it to your phone by using Odin and following the instructions and viseo in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Model SM-G900F
Model name GALAXY S5
Country United Kingdom (H3G)
Version Android 6.0.1
Changelist 7182592
Build date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 06:40:19 +0000
Security Patch Level 2016-04-02
Product code H3G
PDA G900FXXU1CPD3
CSC G900FH3G1CPC2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Are you asking about how to uninstall or roll back a system update? Or did you lose some data and want to restore a backup?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Im trying to restore my phone to a previous date to get my videos i deleted by mistake back

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but videos that were saved locally to the phone won't be restored using a Google backup/restore option. Did you manually backup the videos anywhere else? In addition to mustang7757's suggestion about your Samsung account, also go to photos.google.com on your computer browser and see if you happened to have auto-backup on in your Google Photos app.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana