My "new" s5 keeps updating over and over

thestarsareout

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I just got my replacement s5 through square trade. It says "downloading software update, please don't leave the wifi area" then eventually it tells me to either continue or remind me later, to which I have tried both options, only to have it restart and then start all over five minutes later. I'm telling you, it's constantly updating over and over and over. The little arrows are in the corner and I'm losing my mind! Help!

hauckk

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I just got my replacement s5 through square trade. It says "downloading software update, please don't leave the wifi area" then eventually it tells me to either continue or remind me later, to which I have tried both options, only to have it restart and then start all over five minutes later. I'm telling you, it's constantly updating over and over and over. The little arrows are in the corner and I'm losing my mind! Help!
you could go to sammobile.com and download the firmware update your phone is trying to download

and go to settings turn on USB debugging in developer options and turn off check apps by usb/adb

then boot into download mode.

Download Odin for pc or heimdall for mac and then install the update in pda/ap slot in Odin or whatever it is for heimdall try googling it I use pcs not macs.

Then wait for your phone to reboot and set it up voila fixed phone

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Best option since it's new and empty I would just do a factory reset, should resolve it, and if not, could be the phone

hauckk

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Best option since it's new and empty I would just do a factory reset, should resolve it, and if not, could be the phone
Try going to Google play app and Google play services in settings apps and wipe data and cache for both apps reboot and try again

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
you could go to sammobile.com and download the firmware update your phone is trying to download

and go to settings turn on USB debugging in developer options and turn off check apps by usb/adb

then boot into download mode.

Download Odin for pc or heimdall for mac and then install the update in pda/ap slot in Odin or whatever it is for heimdall try googling it I use pcs not macs.

Then wait for your phone to reboot and set it up voila fixed phone

For someone that may not be savy this isn't really a realistic first step

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well i dont know you but sorry i will apoligize

I am not the OP, I am simply making a point that we don't know the level of technical ability, nor should a recommendation of these steps be something that is tried first when a simple factory reset could resolve the issue.