Galaxy S6 Active Update 5.1.1 Vibrates, how can I stop it?

Xschoolboyx

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S6 Active Update 5.1.1 Vibrate

I just made an account here and don't know if this is the right place to post, but here I go:

Ever since I updated to Android 5.1.1 I've had a weird problem with my phone vibrating.

Most of the time, it just doesn't vibrate. When I change the volume from sound to vibrate, the phone vibrates as it does usually. But when I get phone calls/text messages/most other notifications on vibrate, the phone wouldn't vibrate at all. I use Kik messenger a lot, and will never get any vibrations with it, even if I have sound on. With sound on, it just makes the sound and no vibration.

When I go into settings, and vibration intensity, the vibration for notifications and feedback work when I try to adjust it, but for "incoming call" there is no vibration. Also, the setting where it says "Vibrate while ringing" is completely grayed out, but switched as "on". Even when I change the vibration pattern, there is no vibration.

I dialed *#0*# and clicked "vibration" and the screen goes black and there is no vibration.

Don't know what else to say.... Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-29-17-10-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-29-17-10-52.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 20

MaxKittens

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 Active Update 5.1.1 Vibrate

OK there is a setting that turns on when you update. I've had this problem too. Go into settings>accessibility>notification reminder. Toggle it off. also settings>search(top right corner)>notification reminder(scroll to find it). Then toggle it off. Hope this helps!

Xschoolboyx

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

OK there is a setting that turns on when you update. I've had this problem too. Go into settings>accessibility>notification reminder. Toggle it off. also settings>search(top right corner)>notification reminder(scroll to find it). Then toggle it off. Hope this helps!

Just checked that setting, was already toggled off.

leevster916

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I have tried everything suggested along with a factory reset, but I still have the problem. I am using the default phone application and Textra for text messaging. Both my calls and texts do not use the vibrate, but other apps do.

leevster916

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I had my phone replaced and the problem seemed to be resolved, except that today randomly the vibrate stopped working again. No changes were made on my phone since yesterday (when it was last working). Now AT&T is trying to tell me I need to send it in to Samsung and be without a phone until Samsung figures it out.