Software Update Available

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got a software update for my S6 Active. Could it be 5.1.1? The file size is 719.17MB. I'll update when it finishes downloading.

Edit: It's Android Version 5.1.1.

Last edited:

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I really like how bright the icon colors are in this update. Everything pops on the QHD screen. I also like how rounded the icons look.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Samsung Galaxy S6 active.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Same as you. BOJE.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Samsung Galaxy S6 active.

There's something wrong with .......BOJE. The battery drains extremely fast and I can't seem to pin point what is causing it. Even when I close everything and disable background processes it still drains.

Beaverslayer

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
If they worked on it to squash some bugs, why would it still be BOJE. That should have changed. I updated before they pulled it. With that said, I get exceptional battery life. I usually talk on the phone for about an hour and a half and surf the web and YouTube a lot. I get between 6 and 7hrs screen on time. I have a good cell signal pretty much everywhere I go and haven't been keeping sync on. If it's synced it'll drain slightly faster. It usually has 20 to 30% battery around 1130 at night when I plug it in. I unplug it around 7:15 every morning.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If they worked on it to squash some bugs, why would it still be BOJE. That should have changed. I updated before they pulled it. With that said, I get exceptional battery life. I usually talk on the phone for about an hour and a half and surf the web and YouTube a lot. I get between 6 and 7hrs screen on time. I have a good cell signal pretty much everywhere I go and haven't been keeping sync on. If it's synced it'll drain slightly faster. It usually has 20 to 30% battery around 1130 at night when I plug it in. I unplug it around 7:15 every morning.

I just purchased my S6 active on December 17, so I missed the initial update from AT&T for 5.1.1. So on Saturday, I got the update. I just checked again. It's build BOJE. I'm not sure why it's the same build number as before.

My battery life hasn't changed since I downloaded this update. My battery is currently at 63% with 2h 51m 31s of screen on time.

peconicgp

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I had the update flashed at best buy after Christmas and I have build number ending in BOJE. No battery issues for me but I did disable most of the apps I don't use.

tds101

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have the BJOE update, and my battery life is drastically reduced. I normally get to work in the morning, and I'm always early. I kill a bit of time by hitting up FB, YouTube, and a few websites. Now, when I've only been doing this for 20-30 minutes, my battery drains down 20%+. Quick charge is nice and all, but my S6 Active didn't drain even half as much as it is now.

Does anyone know if Marshmallow is headed our way? And if so, how soon?

Thanks in advance,...even if there's currently no real solution.

PS: I also have almost all unnecessary apps disabled.

hotbyz168

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the BJOE update, and my battery life is drastically reduced. I normally get to work in the morning, and I'm always early. I kill a bit of time by hitting up FB, YouTube, and a few websites. Now, when I've only been doing this for 20-30 minutes, my battery drains down 20%+. Quick charge is nice and all, but my S6 Active didn't drain even half as much as it is now.

Does anyone know if Marshmallow is headed our way? And if so, how soon?

Thanks in advance,...even if there's currently no real solution.

PS: I also have almost all unnecessary apps disabled.

Go into recovery mode and wipe the caches. Not factory reset. It will help and correct the issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38