Maybe Samsung has something up their sleeves with the GS6+?

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes we've seen the rumored specs for the Note 5 spread around like butter on toast as well as pictures of both the Note 5 and GS6+ but no real spec leaks for the GS6+. Maybe since it's been rumored that the Note 5 is going to play second fiddle for the GS6+ this time around there's more in store for the GS6 than has been leaked?

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Other than the rumored 'bump' in Processor when compared to the rumored specs of the Note 5, I don't see a lot that could be different on the 6+ (Gosh, even saying it sounds like an iPhone haha). Maybe colors? Or storage since the leaker in our forums claims the Note 5 will only come in 32GB flavors at least at first.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
The biggest surprise I think they could come up with is to release for purchase the GS6+ on August 13th like what Motorola did with the 2015 Moto G, seeing how case makers have had a good amount of time for their cases to be available and some even putting them up for sale right on August 13th it would be pretty nice if Samsung makes sure it gets the phone in peoples hands before it gets pushed to the back of their minds. I dont think they would do this for both models, I wouldn't be surprised if the Note 5 doesn't get released until Early September so the spotlight can shine on the GS6+ for a spell after the announcement.

edithg11

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes we've seen the rumored specs for the Note 5 spread around like butter on toast as well as pictures of both the Note 5 and GS6+ but no real spec leaks for the GS6+. Maybe since it's been rumored that the Note 5 is going to play second fiddle for the GS6+ this time around there's more in store for the GS6 than has been leaked?

Prefer S6 Edge+ than Note 5. Note series works fine but little change.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My expectations are that it's going to be like the iPhone 6 Plus.

Bigger and with some small hardware upgrades to go along with it.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
And don't forget the keyboard case lolololol, yeah I'm figuring it's just going to be an oversized gs6 with more streamlining to TouchWiz nothing too bedazzling.

It's still strange that there hasn't been any significant spec details out about it, like how much ram it will contain - 4gb of RAM like the note 5 or 3gb, 2k screen or will they surprise us with 4k?

Last edited:

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting both the note 5 and s6 plus. I like the larger screens..i love my s6 plus but want the large screen that I have on my note 4

Posted via the Android Central App

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I was really hoping they'd make a bigger version of the s6 edge with s pen, but I'm disappointed so far from the leaks.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I was really hoping they'd make a bigger version of the s6 edge with s pen, but I'm disappointed so far from the leaks.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That's what a lot of people were looking forward to, now we've basically gotta decided between the edge or the spen, if anything they could have the digitizer for spen use built into the gs6 + and have an external spen for optional use - pulling at straws I know lol.

tekproph

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts: this device will feature the same internal specs minus the S-Pen software and features support for the S-Pen as the Note5. Of course it will have the Edge features. Also the S6Edge(little brother) will get the software update for the same UI elements and added People Edge as the Edge+ will have. Educated statement.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My thoughts: this device will feature the same internal specs minus the S-Pen software and features support for the S-Pen as the Note5. Of course it will have the Edge features. Also the S6Edge(little brother) will get the software update for the same UI elements and added People Edge as the Edge+ will have. Educated statement.

I could be wrong or it could just be the lighting but looking at the curves of the GS6 Edge screen compared to the GS6 Edge + screen I don't think the GS6 Edge would look right with the updated Note 4 UI elements because the curve part seems to be smaller compared to the Note 4 Edge and the pictures floating around from the GS6 Edge + which seems to slope more like the Note 4 Edge. Two days to find out!

samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-29.jpg
GS6 Edge

samsung-galaxy-note-edge.jpg
Note 4 Edge

Note-5-S6-edge-6.jpg
GS6 Edge +

Attachments

• Galaxy-S6-edge-People-edge-update.png
    Galaxy-S6-edge-People-edge-update.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 84

tekproph

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm speaking of the S6Edge getting an update to the S6Edge+ UI elements. Nothing about note 4 actually. Curved icons and design changes I meant.