To protect screen or not?

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I am coming from an iPhone (back to Android) and I didn't use screen protectors on my iPhone and it held up well to scratches. I am worried however that with the edge features I need one. Mainly using the face down features.

Are you guys getting a screen protector?

I am leaning toward yes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
In all honestly screen protectors are less about the scratch resistance of the Gorilla Glass than the risk of damaging the display if it gets dropped or something falls on it. I have an number of co-workers who never used screen protectors until they dropped their phone the first time, after paying to replace it they quickly added a tempered glass screen protector. One of my co-workers has benefited greatly since his wife's iPhone 6 Plus was dropped by her, screen replaced, he dropped it, screen replaced again I told him about tempered glass (he had never heard of them) and since then he has dropped his phone 3 times and the tempered glass took the hit. The best part, Lifetime Warranty Replacements on the Tempered Glass, he has had them replaced 3 times for FREE. So $20-40 up front saved him hundreds is damaged displays.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Very true. But the Edge + has been a ***** to try and find a quality tempered glass protector for.

Has anyone found one they can recommend yet?

Benny Fok

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Any one tried the curve crystal yet?
Is it a film type of screen protector?

I feel like using my phone without screen protector.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I hear the curved crystal one is the way to go

Any one tried the curve crystal yet?
Is it a film type of screen protector?

I feel like using my phone without screen protector.

Here is the Spigen Curved Crystal. I'm coming from glass on my note 4. This is as close as it gets IMO.
61fa044912aae0b7f834e3537b20e073.jpg
c630d5e9d1776237b123cd734696b296.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress