Keep my Moto x or 6+... Help me choose

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Moto X and I am having a real hard time choosing which phone to keep. I bought a Galaxy S6+ fully expecting to return it when my Moto X arrived. As it turns out, it is not that simple. Below are the issues I am wrestling with:

Pros of S6+
1. Screen is just so much better in every scenario.
2. Camera is better so far.
3. Camera has more features I actually use
4. It is lighter and smaller which was a surprise
5. The fingerprint reader works great. I use it all the time
6. It is nicer looking phone (my opinion)
7. Wireless charging is something I love and I have charges everywhere I need.
8. Samsung pay works more like apple pay which is a good thing
9. Case options

Cons of S6+
1. Touchwiz.. only in the sense that it will slow updates. Other than that, I think Samsung did an amazing job on it this year. I have been a moto x user in the past.
2. Cost. I can get the new moto x and new 360 for less than the S6+

Pros of X
1. Love the price
2. Love the custom look
3. Feels nicer in the hand
4. Faster updates
5. SD card is only a minor plus

Cons of the X
1. Camera is not as good as my iPhone or the S6+
2. Screen
3. Limited cases
4. No fingerprint reader
5. No wireless charging

Anyone else having this struggle?? Thanks for any thoughtful input.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I think the pros/cons list speaks for itself doesn't it? I mean really, the update speed shouldn't be a major concern since the phone works great out of the box and in some cases the update can deteriorate the phone instead of make it better (cough Note 4 cough Lollipop). I had a glance at the Moto X pure/style and even though I'm a fan of the custom look, hands down the Edge+ looks better especially in gold, or silver like the one I have.

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the pros/cons list speaks for itself doesn't it? I mean really, the update speed shouldn't be a major concern since the phone works great out of the box and in some cases the update can deteriorate the phone instead of make it better (cough Note 4 cough Lollipop). I had a glance at the Moto X pure/style and even though I'm a fan of the custom look, hands down the Edge+ looks better especially in gold, or silver like the one I have.

If the price was closer it would be easy. I would love silver but I have the gold. How do you get the silver?

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
If the price was closer it would be easy. I would love silver but I have the gold. How do you get the silver?

You never mentioned that price was a factor in your original post. I say if you can afford it then you get what you pay for. The better phone is more expensive, although we'd all be happier if phones like the Moto X / OnePlus etc would prove to be better than Samsung flagships.

I live in Australia and the Edge+ is only available here in black and white versions but after I saw the silver on youtube I knew that's what I wanted so I bought an unlocked dual sim version off ebay outright. I only buy my phones outright because I upgrade more than once a year and don't like to be locked on a contract.

20150827_132102.jpg

Edit: sorry I just re-read and you DID mention something about the price. I guess I didn't read enough into it lol my bad.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Dude. Re-read your list to yourself and answer you're own question. It's the Edge + hands down in my opinion. This is the best SmartPhone I've owned since the Droid Incredible 5 years ago. I LOVE this phone! In fact, I love it so much, I just purchased 3 years of extra coverage warranty! Something I've never done with an Android phone.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This is absolutely the best phone on the market right now . I am so blown away how awesome it is. If you can afford it , it's a no brainer.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Dude its a no Brainer the 6 plus is a beast and the battery is 30% better then I ever got with my n4 edge. The moto x is a good phone but the 6 plus in gold!!!!!! Wow

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You're on the S6+ forum....
I'm guessing you know the answer you want here.
Want a different answer go ask the other forum.