Can i name my phone?

xxx JeNeSaisQuoi xxx

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have been looking for the "name your device" option. I was able to do it on my Galaxy S4, but there seems to be no way to do this with the S6 edge+. Does anyone know anything about it, one way or the other? Thanks in advance. :)

Sent from my new sexy edgy shiny ❤Galaxxxy S6 edge+❤

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
My first Samsung device, (s6 edge+), can you tell me where the name you input will appear? Lock screen, elsewhere or not show up at all, unless you look in, settings, system, about device, name?
It would be great if it appears on the lock screen like my other phones. I was able to put my name and advise that I'm a Type 1 diabetic, handy in an emergency medical situation. Thanks...

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
"Device names are shown to distinguish each of the devices available via bluetooth wifi direct, wifi, and other methods" So if your phone is connected to another device it will be listed on that device by the name you gave it. You can display the name of your device on the lock screen if you like, (and medical conditions) but it's not the name of the device, it's whatever you want it to be. Settings/Personal/LockScreen and Security/Show Information/Owner Information and type in what you want displayed and hit "Done." ie. Mary Poppins Type 1 Diabetic, don't resuscitate.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Matt, that helps me a lot. It's pretty much the same as my previous devices I've had over the years, should have dug a little deeper into the Settings. As a side, for myself, being diabetic, I want to be resuscitated,that's the whole idea of having that on my lock screen...