Samsung 6s edge+

rberkland01

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I have an app (IMDB) that's installed, but doesn't appear anywhere except in play store. Not the app drawer, not the desktop, not the settings-applications-app manager. I've tried to uninstall it through play store (the only place I see it) and it doesn't uninstall anything other than the updates. When I uninstall the updates, I can't uninstall the app itself. I can only update or open it. Hoe can I get the app shortcut into my app drawer? I do not want to install a third party app to make this happen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That usually happens with 3rd party apps that came preinstalled on the phone--do you recall if IMDB was?

Is there an option to hide apps in the App Drawer?

rberkland01

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
IMDB is NOT 3rd party - I installed it. I cannot tell if there there an option to hide apps in the App Drawer. It may be hidden, but how do I unhide it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you installed it, then it's usually 3rd party (as opposed to a Samsung app preinstalled on the phone). You mentioned only being able to uninstall updates--did you actually see a button for Uninstall Updates in the App Manager for IMDB (as opposed to a button that only says Uninstall)? Only preinstalled apps that have been updated would give you an Uninstall Updates button.

It looks like the S6 Edge and Edge+ don't have an option to hide apps in the App Drawer, so scratch that suggestion. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/527121-can-i-hide-apps-my-galaxy-s6-edge.html

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
IMDB isn't a system app here. Can't imagine it being one for you. Although different carriers do different apps these days so Lord knows.

Posted via my SM-G928F

TexMexDroid

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I have an app (IMDB) that's installed, but doesn't appear anywhere except in play store. Not the app drawer, not the desktop, not the settings-applications-app manager. I've tried to uninstall it through play store (the only place I see it) and it doesn't uninstall anything other than the updates. When I uninstall the updates, I can't uninstall the app itself. I can only update or open it. Hoe can I get the app shortcut into my app drawer? I do not want to install a third party app to make this happen.

Did you recently receive a firmware update from your carrier? In some cases, carriers may include a "new" preinstall as part of an update. Most of the times it's OEM bloatware but it's entirely possible Amazon, that owns IMDB, did a distribution deal with a carrier resulting in a new preinstall accompanying the firmware update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress