S6 edge plus camera buzzing sound

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I know there have been a lot of posts regarding this. But they're all very old. Wondering if anybody has found a fix for this. Went to the store from where I bought this phone today. He asked me to come in the morning to get the software reinstalled. He says it's a problem in one of them firmwares.

Many of the posts I see say that it's a hardware issue. Has anybody been able to get it fixed via software?

Or any other information regarding this issue would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It can be either. I had the Note 5 replaced once because of that, but I've seen others that have reported 'fixing' the issue with a firmware update (and it makes sense if the software is just trying to re-focus at all times).

Most of the time, however, it does point to hardware. If the firmware update they're doing tomorrow doesn't work, I'd suggest to try it right there and start shipping it back for replacement if it doesn't work.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It can be either. I had the Note 5 replaced once because of that, but I've seen others that have reported 'fixing' the issue with a firmware update (and it makes sense if the software is just trying to re-focus at all times).

Most of the time, however, it does point to hardware. If the firmware update they're doing tomorrow doesn't work, I'd suggest to try it right there and start shipping it back for replacement if it doesn't work.

Have you really seen people's problem getting fixed via software? I mean you've seen these people first hand?

Yes of course then I will get it replaced. But it's very hard to get it to buzz. It does it only for split second and that too sometimes. I notice it now because I know it's a problem but a normal person wouldn't. It is a problem nevertheless.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Personally, nope, only read it from people that had that issue with the Note 5 (and it was like two posts, I think, nothing that would be categorical).

But I guess the thing here is that depending on where the buzz is coming from, it could be either hardware or software (if it's hardware and the focus mechanism is busted it would buzz, but if it's bad software it could cause the phone to be always trying to focus, causing the constant movement to emit a 'buzz').

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Personally, nope, only read it from people that had that issue with the Note 5 (and it was like two posts, I think, nothing that would be categorical).

But I guess the thing here is that depending on where the buzz is coming from, it could be either hardware or software (if it's hardware and the focus mechanism is busted it would buzz, but if it's bad software it could cause the phone to be always trying to focus, causing the constant movement to emit a 'buzz').

For me it's just a very slight buzz on launching the camera. I think it's hardware. Because I sat down and downloaded another stock firmware and flashed it. Nothing has changed. I'll see what happens tomorrow. Will report back.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. It is something wrong with the autofocus. Had to send my phone in for service.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess the most telling way to know is to try and autofocus, especially at night. If you touch on an area, does it really focus there or does it struggle or end up focusing elsewhere? When I had the issue it was more apparent at night and in macro shots. The camera just didn't focus properly no matter how much I tried, and I could hear the slight buzz as the focus was shifting.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I guess the most telling way to know is to try and autofocus, especially at night. If you touch on an area, does it really focus there or does it struggle or end up focusing elsewhere? When I had the issue it was more apparent at night and in macro shots. The camera just didn't focus properly no matter how much I tried, and I could hear the slight buzz as the focus was shifting.

I didn't have the last problem you mentioned. It focused perfectly. As I said. It was only when I moved the phone around and then opened the camera I heard a quick buzzing sound.

Anyways. I went. It was a hardware issue. And they didn't have the silver titanium color as a replacement. The color was the reason I got that phone. It was gorgeous. So I got the regular S7 instead. In the same color. Works well so far :)

Thank you for your replies. Meant a lot.

nomii

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
hello.. i just join this blog today... i need you help guys.... i am in china these days. i bought s6 edge+ 10 months before... but today finally i faced the buzz and rear camera problem... bad noise.... however.... two months before.. only twice in a month has happened to my camera... i was ignoring it.. but i searched on the internet... most of the people are facing same problems... now i have just two months of warranty left behind...i am confused now that should i claim them.. to repair it? if they will repair it.. will the new camera will have the same quality and image results?... because today i talk to them..they said we can repair it for free.... but i want a new piece..... because i am afraid..that..after repairing, the camera quality may change.... may be they will not give me a new piece..i didnt ask them yet.... however my present camera is focusing well... it may not go worse in future if i will not repair it....i donot know....but what should i do??? have anyone got after repair?