S6 edge wifi issues

Samuelchua

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all...just got my S6 edge yesterday and notice some unusual wifi behaviour. Whenever I am on wifi and setting up those new apps which require first login..e.g. Garmin connect,box,etc I always can't login. ..but when I switch to mobile data (4G+)..it works.. thereafter I switch back to wifi and everything works as per normal. Is this a bug or just my set?😣😣

Posted via the Android Central App on my S6 Edge

Brad Kirk

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I just got the S6 Edge as well and I have noticed wi-fi issues. On my old phone (HTC One M8) I would listen to music at night from google play and it just streams over my wifi with no issues. Last night when using the s6, it kept losing the stream and the music would stop. Finally, I just used my OTA data and no issues. Other wifi issues have included not loading FB, games, etc very fast or well via wifi, but it is fine over my data plan. Again, I had no issues like this with the HTC. Are there other reports of people having wifi issues like this coming in?

DarrenSt

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I had WiFi issues with my S6 although my S4 was perfect. I know that this seems odd as this is for network data, I worked out that this fixed my problem:-Settings>Connections>Mobile networks>Mobile Data>Untick Enhanced 4G LTE services

Last edited:

Dean Patterson

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Are there any noticeable downsides to un-ticking that box? Also ive noticed that on mine its my 5 ghz band that seems to be acting up mostly. It could just be that when I switch to 2.4 it works fine since it has to reconnect.

DarrenSt

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I've read that this is for HD calling that is not available yet on AT&T. I'm hoping that a fix will come out before then but when I tick Enhanced 4G LTE services, apps like Facebook show grey blocks for the images until eventually a picture appears. Google play music takes a number of minutes to load a track. Once I untick the Enhanced 4G LTE all works perfectly. This seems strange as the issues are with Wifi. The mobile network always worked fine. My Wifi didn't work on either band properly. I tried turning off the Smart Network and that didn't help.

Last edited:

brianmeilicke

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Im on T-Mobile and have been having the same issues, I seem to have found a fix that has been working so far. Try this if turning off smart network switch doesn't work (that didn't work for me)

1. Open your phone dialer
2. Enter *#0011#
3. Select more (top right)
4. Select WiFi
5. Turn off WiFi power save mode(enabled by default)
6. Exit and hopefully your WiFi connectivity issues will no longer be a problem.

Hope I was able to help some of you out.

Posted via the Android Central App

allenchen16

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am with AT&T and also having the same issue. Actually my wifi works OK while I am in office, but keeps dropping connection frequently while I am at home. I have also tried the method to dial *#0011# to change the wifi Power saving mode, but it didn't work for me. Is there anything relative to my router or what?? Thanks.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
My WiFi keeps dropping out. I have to constantly toggle WiFi on & off. Had anyone figured out a solution to this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Skywalker187

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I just got the S6 Edge as well and I have noticed wi-fi issues. On my old phone (HTC One M8) I would listen to music at night from google play and it just streams over my wifi with no issues. Last night when using the s6, it kept losing the stream and the music would stop. Finally, I just used my OTA data and no issues. Other wifi issues have included not loading FB, games, etc very fast or well via wifi, but it is fine over my data plan. Again, I had no issues like this with the HTC. Are there other reports of people having wifi issues like this coming in?
I was having issues with only some networks. Wifi would connect but really slow.. the fix for me was disabling IPv6 on my router. S6 or s6 edge doesn't seem to like it very well. Hope this helps at least one person

malibumizzoufan

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
One, I'm skeptical how changing a mobile data setting can improve wifi reliability. Two, though I'm willing to at least try the suggestion, that menu option does not exist on my G6 Edge.

The options under Settings>Connections>Mobile networks include:

Data Roaming (on/off)
Access Point Names
Network Mode
Network Operators

The setting "Enhanced 4G LTE services" is not seen anywhere that I can find.

TaylorGT

May 25, 2016
Visit site
For what it's worth none of the suggestions here worked. BUT. the opposite did. I have an Archer C3200 and ENABLING IPv6 as well as turning on the guest network feature did the trick for me. I rebooted my phone to be sure. This was not a problem with my Nexus 5X. Glad this is resolved now.

vicky 1

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
hey all... i bought Samsung galaxy s6 edge but wifi is not working properly when i on wifi botton then wifi is connect and working fine every thing face book whats aap youtube but when i turn off wifi botton then wifi isn't connect automatically ... until it reconnect please how i fix this issue ????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress