Phone Keeps Deleting Texts

alexjm

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
My s6 edge keeps randomly deleting texts. It always deletes my most recent recived and sometimes my most recent sent. It's driving me nuts. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I see nobody else has replied so I'm going to take a random guess...

If you have the Verizon version and using Message+ it has a sync feature. I saw in another post that the sync was causing issues with message viewing when the sync or Verizon Cloud was connected to a device without Message+.

Not sure what else could be causing messages to disappear other than the settings related to trimming old messages but your description doesn't seem to match that.

Hope you get it figured out.

Last edited:

alexjm

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have at&t, they just seem to be deleting as im looking at them or before i even get to read them. I cant figure out why its happening. It seriously makes no sense.

jessejw18

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. AT&T, 32G. Got the phone on the 10th and it started deleting texts on the 12th, both sending and receiving.

jessejw18

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I called Samsung support. Ended up going to the app manager >all>message app and clearing the data and cache and it started working again

alexjm

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Update: I think I fixed it. Like you jesse i cleared cache and it worked for a few hours then came back. So I went with Mr_bugmans idea and looked up AT&Ts verison of the message sync and disabled it through the AT&t web site and since i havent had a single problem. I truly think that was the issue. Thanks guys, and I hope this helps others. Ill test it out through the next day and let you know.

hellar89

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Update: I think I fixed it. Like you jesse i cleared cache and it worked for a few hours then came back. So I went with Mr_bugmans idea and looked up AT&Ts verison of the message sync and disabled it through the AT&t web site and since i havent had a single problem. I truly think that was the issue. Thanks guys, and I hope this helps others. Ill test it out through the next day and let you know.

Could you tell me how you did this? I have att and have the same problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non