How can I consolidate all email and SMS accounts?

legacymusic

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Consolidating all email and SMS accounts

I have recently switched to Android after 8 years as a BlackBerry user. BlackBerry had a central hub--one inbox--where my three personal email accounts, my work email account, my SMS messages, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media all appeared. All messages of any sort came to this central location. Is this possible with my Galaxy S6 Edge? So far, I have my personal email accounts in one box, my work email (we use Google Apps) in another, and my SMS in a third. I don't mind keeping social media out of this inbox, but it would be nice to get all the other incoming messages 'under one roof.' All accounts considered, I receive 100 messages a day on average. A central location for these would be nice. I've been told that what I want to do isn't possible on an Android device, but I hoped for a second opinion. If someone could verify the impossibility or help me achieve my goal, I'd be grateful.
Thank you.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Consolidating all email and SMS accounts

I don't know of anything that combines all that. But for combining all your email take a good look at AquaMail.

Instead of an ordinary combined inbox, AquaMail has what it calls a Smart Folder. Think of it as kind of a configurable combined inbox. From the AquaMail FAQs:

"What is the Smart Folder?
The Smart Folder shows messages that are unread, or which, over a selectable time period:

1) were received by the application;
2) were sent (this is the date/time in the header);
3) were read, including read in other apps (for IMAP).

You can include or exclude starred messages in this list, please see app settings under Smart Folder.

In other words, this is the list of messages that might require attention, or that you might need to come back to. This folder is enabled by default, but can be disabled in the app’s settings."

AquaMail supports IMAP, POP3, Exchange, including calendars and contacts, and is highly configurable and customizable. A switchable Gmail-type conversation view will be added very soon.

Just a terrific all-around email client, my favorite by far.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=org.kman.AquaMail&token=QRohbMew

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

quangtran1

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site

Blackberry is working on a hub for Android and IOS. Who knows when it'll be available.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

MailDroid is another option that would consolidate all your email together. That's about the best I can come up with. I was using k9 Mail for a while but I recently switched to MailDroid because I needed an HTML signature on one of my accounts. I've heard a lot of good things about AquaMail but the free version is limited to 2 accounts.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.maildroid&token=KKY4z_i7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87