Speakerphone sounds muffled

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the GS6 Edge and she is now on her second phone. When she puts me on speaker, her voice sounds good, but then sounds muffled and it is continuous. Its frustrating for us both and she has had complaints from others as well. So it's not my phone. We had this issue on her first phone and had it replaced. So this phone is about a month old and it's now happening to this phone. It sounds fine when she in not using the speakerphone. Has anyone else had this issue? It's very annoying and it sucks to have to reformat and factory reset the phone as we have had issues in the past getting all the call logs, texts, and apps back after a factory reset.

Thanks in advance.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the GS6 Edge and she is now on her second phone. When she puts me on speaker, her voice sounds good, but then sounds muffled and it is continuous. Its frustrating for us both and she has had complaints from others as well. So it's not my phone. We had this issue on her first phone and had it replaced. So this phone is about a month old and it's now happening to this phone. It sounds fine when she in not using the speakerphone. Has anyone else had this issue? It's very annoying and it sucks to have to reformat and factory reset the phone as we have had issues in the past getting all the call logs, texts, and apps back after a factory reset.

Thanks in advance.

Try turning off the noise reduction feature in the phone dialer settings. Open the dialer, top right go to settings, and find the noise reduction feature and un-check it. See if that helps.

TammE

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the S7Edge and just got off the phone with support.
just got off the phone with my Verizon support with this same issue.

Here is his response of our chat
KURTIS: First, go into your Apps > Settings > Advanced Calling
KURTIS: You will want to turn off the Advanced Calling feature
KURTIS: Advanced Calling allows your calls to go through Data instead of the normal calling network. It works great in places with strong signal (cities, etc)
KURTIS: It's supposed to give you crystal clear calling in HD, but with low signal it can have the opposite effect

not sure if it is the same issue, but worth a try to see if helps

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

AT&T user here and I have the same issue and have replaced my S7edge twice only to have the same results - next call is to Samsung Tech Support