Why can I not swipe to delete my emails after the Marshmallow update?

johnjosephnelson

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Using the "swipe right to delete" gesture no longer works on my Samsung S6 Edge after the Marshmallow update. In fact no delete option appears in the email listing.

Duke Morpheus

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
same here. standard e-mail app before update you could just swipe to delet now there is the menu "move, reminder, unread, reply" mostly I would like to delete....

problem 2. deleted messages do appear in the inbox. Status "Deleted" does not post to the server somehow (using IMAP)

kind regards
Andreas

abeabe61

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
This also happened to a friend of mine (Who's got the exact same S6 Edge+ as I, with the same Marshmallow and standard e-mail app versions). However, I can still use "swipe to the left to delete messages". Also his mail screen shows a full bottom line with create new mail, whilst mine shows a circle with plus sign to do the same thing. We do have the same version of the standard email app and the same version of marshmallow. I've tried settings that presumably would make his phone behave like mine, but to no avail. What's happening here?

trnsprt

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Wow! Swipe left. Annoying that you cannot swipe right. I never even tried left before. All new muscle memory is going to have to be learned. Thanks for the solution!

abeabe61

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Please anyone, help.

@trnsprt & xslash116: I do not think the issue here is whether someone uses left or right ?

Last edited:

jsmbythebay

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the complaint about left swiping being annoying is condescending, I agree! Why change it from the way it was Android?

However, I AM glad that there is still a way to swipe/delete - I was afraid they had removed this great feature altogether

Charles Norris1

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Amazing, guess if you read the 'update' info there MIGHT be something on this change...:confused:
I eventually tried the swipe, right to left and it worked (before I saw the post).
Really a PITA as I also have Gmail/Outlook email accounts that NATURALLY use left to right! :mad:

abeabe61

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
My problem is not whether it's left or right that doesn't work. NONE works.
When i swipe (left or right) the mail simply opens.
But, as I said before, on mMY phone (S6 edge+) it still works after marsmallow update, but not on my collegue's phone. :confused:

Ryan Evans6

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue where I couldn't swipe either way, but after spending time looking through loads of options, I believe that I have found how to fix the problem.

Go to Settings - Easy Mode - choose Standard Mode.

I can now swipe delete (to the left) with other options to the right.

Hope this helps.

Deisbell

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I am continually amazed at the audacity of programmers and software companies that make decisions to change software sold to and used by hundreds of thousands of consumers without regard to their individual choices. I am also amazed by the decision of the consumer public to continually accept the results of these changes. This reminds me of recording the abilities of a mouse to negotiate a maze to get to the chunk of cheeze. This change could have included the ability through menu choices to revert to the right handed consumers choice of left to right swipe. Instead there was no choice made available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo