Samsung S6 edge won't charge in car

Aussie Bloke

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
New thread as last thread is dead.
I have a S6 edge that won't charge in car.
I have tried the following:
Different cars, different chargers-genuine samsung 2amp fast charger, different 10amp cigarette adaptors, deleting cache data, turning all wifi-bluetooth-GPS settings off, development options for usb.
And nothing works!!!!

Any other suggestions?

Phone charges fine in home power point.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
G'day mate, i have a wireless charging pad permanently mounted on centre console, i just plonk the phone on it with Bluetooth on and bob's your uncle! Great when using navigator... Good luck mate

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, the Jeep has a lighter socket in the console, so the wire is hidden. My S7 and S6 charges ok with the plug too, so I didn't have any problems, I just love the convenience and the technology! If you've tried different units in the car, i have to wonder about voltages, maybe the phone is reading over voltage from the output? The wiring configuration should be the same i imagine..

Aussie Bloke

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
After trying every charger and car possible, I bought a wireless pad as you said. Plugged it into the cigarette lighter part and no go!
BUT then i plugged it into the usb port and BAM it charges!!!
Thanks mate!

Bugwart

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Some lighter socket to USB chargers are not up to the task of charging an S6 Edge that is running WAZE. I have several lighter socket chargers that work very well, whereas others are not capable of keeping the S6 Edge at a certain charge level, let alone charging it to 100%. I always use the new Samsung cable that came with the fast charger.

I have found the same problem with the built-in USB sockets in many cars (rental cars and ours). In fact, I have not yet found one that has sufficient power to run WAZE without having the battery drain while plugged in.

Does anyone else have problems with built-in USB sockets?