S23 Ultra full charge in 1 hour 50 minutes normal?

penphones23

Aug 18, 2023
Visit site
That's crazy, I would escalate this
I'm in the midst of escalating,

In latest development, I called Samsung twice in the past days and on both occasions, they are indeed voiding my warranty on claims of scratches in the device.

Here's a picture of my claimed "scratched" phone.

I am now demanding that they write an official report so I can escalate using this official report. They said 2 business days.

I'll soon also try and take very high resolution pictures of the phone front and back using a good camera to show that you'll practically need a microscope to see any scratches on it. I can literally sell the phone in "as new" condition and few would object.

20230809_133017 - Copy.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the midst of escalating,

In latest development, I called Samsung twice in the past days and on both occasions, they are indeed voiding my warranty on claims of scratches in the device.

Here's a picture of my claimed "scratched" phone.

I am now demanding that they write an official report so I can escalate using this official report. They said 2 business days.

I'll soon also try and take very high resolution pictures of the phone front and back using a good camera to show that you'll practically need a microscope to see any scratches on it. I can literally sell the phone in "as new" condition and few would object.

View attachment 355759
The phone looks mint condition
Keep us posted and stick with the pressure on them.

penphones23

Aug 18, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

Just to update my situation. I received the phone 2 days ago after many many negative experiences with Samsung. I tested the phone and after they claim to have replaced parts in the phone, it is still exactly as slow to charge as it was when I gave it to them for the 3rd time!

I will type in more details of the nightmare experience later. I'm leaving many details out like them telling me by phone that my phone has a warranty void due to scratches on the screen and the list goes on.

As of now, I'm out of phone for over a month.

I asked that they replace the phone and they said they will submit a letter of complaint to the regional manager and see what he replies. Until then I'll be waiting without a phone.

I'm busy this period but I will fill in the details later.

Needless to say I'm furious by this point.

• Sad
Reactions: J Dubbs

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
[QUOTE="penphones23, post: 7167891, member: 3193695"

I will type in more details of the nightmare experience later. I'm leaving many details out like them telling me by phone that my phone has a warranty void due to scratches on the screen and the list goes on.

Needless to say I'm furious by this point.[/QUOTE]

I went to the iPhone for this exact reason. My fold 4 wouldn't open all the way and they said that's normal wear and tear. They are pushing the folding phones and now they don't want to stand behind it. The phone is in pristine condition.

penphones23

Aug 18, 2023
Visit site
Hey,

OP here

So I got my phone back about a week ago. Was too busy to post. This is the third Samsung service center I took the phone to and I lost count on how many trips/phone calls/arguing with Samsung, encounters I've had so far and don't even want to think about it at this point.

It's been a total of almost 2 months without my new S23u phone. I now have it and I do not plan to give it back to Samsung ever.

The slow charging problem is still there. It still takes close to 2 hours to charge and there is no difference whatsoever between 15W, 25W, and 45W chargers.

The really interesting part is while at the last Samsung service center, the technician there said he had an S23 Ultra and he said his phone took about 1 hour 50 minutes to charge fully too and he didn't think much of it. I am shocked he is a technician and doesn't see any problem with this. I told him then what is the difference between a 15W, 25W,45W charger? He just said he had no idea what to say.

They gave me back my phone and they said as far as what they can do, the phone is in perfect working condition and there is nothing wrong with it at all.

I am now suspicious that Samsung are using some firmware to disable fast charging regardless in my region. I am in the middle east and they might have done this in fears of hot climate causing any warranty or user issues. If they did, I would call this a huge scandal... At least disable the fast charging display. Why do you claim Superfast 2.0 charging speed on the screen when it is charging like a 15W phone?

I would love to cause them as much trouble as possible if this is truly the case. I'm just really busy right now and might try this mid November when I have more free time.

Until then, if anyone is interested in helping me cause a stir for Samsung please drop me comments suggesting ideas. Right now I'm thinking I'll contact a large website like GSMArena so they can write an article about this exposing Samsung dodgy sales tactics.

penphones23

Aug 18, 2023
Visit site
My money is still on the cable lol

I don't believe so. By this point I tried endless combinations of chargers/cables.... nothing ever charged faster than a 15W. The charger/cable combo I'm currently using can charge a big laptop faster than the S23u charges using it. Even The Samsung centers couldn't get it to charge faster and they claimed they had fast charging (one claimed 100W charging).

It is the phone for sure.

hivort

Nov 25, 2023
Visit site
This is all very interesting.

I came here because I bought the super ultra-fast chargers. Wattage is not everything in for this to work, i
(USB C PD 3.0/PPS (Programmable Power Supply)
I bought this one:

It charges about 60% in half an hour I believe, a bit less than an hour to charge everything, but, I found it slow. I bought this charger because earlier in the year I was using my friends' charger I could swear it would go from from 0 to 100 in about 40-45 minutes or whatever. it felt faster.

The phone tells me it is super fast charging, but I can notice the difference. Perhaps it really isn't the phone but the different technologies and cables, maybe there's still something missing.

I am gonna try some of the tips here and reply later

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is all very interesting.

I came here because I bought the super ultra-fast chargers. Wattage is not everything in for this to work, i
(USB C PD 3.0/PPS (Programmable Power Supply)
I bought this one:

It charges about 60% in half an hour I believe, a bit less than an hour to charge everything, but, I found it slow. I bought this charger because earlier in the year I was using my friends' charger I could swear it would go from from 0 to 100 in about 40-45 minutes or whatever. it felt faster.

The phone tells me it is super fast charging, but I can notice the difference. Perhaps it really isn't the phone but the different technologies and cables, maybe there's still something missing.

I am gonna try some of the tips here and reply later
Welcome to AC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali