How can i update my rooted phone?

Cepheusxv

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
So i have a sm-g920f rooted phone and am wondering if i have the latest firmware. Also in preparation for the marshmallow update so i know what to do. I have a few questions though.

1. How do i know which region firmware to download? I did not buy this from a carrier but via a samsung store itself in the philippines. Does that mean i can use any regions formware? I am currently looking at samsung-updates.com.

2. Do i have to unroot my phone? I have read that flashing the firmware is enough but i am not sure how. Can anyone provide me a guide on how to? I rooted my phone

3. I am not sure if i rooted my phone via TWRP recovery. Is there a way to check it and does that affect anything?

4. Will all my data be wiped? How do i backup my phone, which do i backup, and what app is recommended? I would want to backup my apps via my laptop because our internet is slow.

5. Bunnies or Corgis, which do you prefer? I love both.

Thank you for all the help :)

Model: SM-G920F
Baseband version: G920FXXU3COJ4
Build number: LMY47X.G920FXXU3COI9

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
1. Search "SM-G920F" on SamMobile.com and it will give you firmware for your device. The "F" indicates the "variant" of the S6. In this case International GSM model.

2. Two choices
First, unroot your device by flashing stock rom. Then take OTA. *Note: Check for rooting options for the version you are updating to. Likely you will not be able to root.

Second, wait for a rooted version you can flash through recovery. This can be searched for and found on XDA.

3. Check out All Things GS6 for guide.

4. Flashing your phone will wipe your data. Try Full Back Up with SDK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress