Samsung Galaxy S6: What we want to see

DeadMoneyDrew

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Everything we wanted on the S5:

Good camera for low light (Yes i have HTC one :3)
Even less bloatware
Better speaker

If these are the only 3 improvements made, and if they are significant, I may well consider paying full retail for the S6. These are fairly big weaknesses in the current model.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I think size wise the gs5 is spot on and all this talk about a metal phone is so stupid when most people end up putting a case on their phones anyway who care what the back of the phone fills are looks like

Posted via Android Central App

aatif.bilal

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I think Samsung GALAXY S6 will have these features

* Design
1. Metal frame like Alpha
2. New design
3. Slim like Alpha

*Hardware
1. 3GB ram
2. Faster CPU & GPU than S5 "Mostly 64bit"
3. More sensors
4. 20 MP rear Camera plus 3 MP front camera (with more Camera features +ISO)
5. Powerful battery
6. IPXX certified
7. 5.3-5 QHD Super HD Amoled Screen (More Accurate colors reproductions, Slim Bezel size)
may be this time samsung may use flexibile displays for notifications

* Software
1. New TW
2. New Android "Key lime Pie 5.X.X"

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ditch 5.5 inch screen. Don't need a Note 4 sans stylus. 5.2 inches at most.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
ok so heres what the S6 should have
Im assuming they'll use the galaxy alpha as a base for the phone's design
2.5 ghz snapdragon 810
3GB of RAM
5.3 inch screen with a 1080p screen super amoled display ( 2K SCREENS ARE OVERKILL!!!!, if they bump the screen res to 1920 x 1600 res NO MORE)
front facing speakers ( Samsung just buy one of Seinheiser or Audiotechnica and have them handle the Audio quality.)
USB 3.0 (sync and charging) support plus quick charge 2.0 + Oppo find 7 charging speeds
Stop trying to break off from Google, try making a near stock version of touchwiz, actually make a good version of touchwiz.
motion gestures for the phone like the M8 or the 1+1
32/64 GB of internal storage with micro SD card support up to 128 GB
3600 MAH battery (removable)
Scrap the fingerprint scanner, who actually uses it
On screen buttons ( time to conform Samung !!!)
get rid of S voice(wont happen but instead when you double tap the home screen you get google now.)
Improved low light preformance
Make it easier to Root.

Not all of them will be done of course but instead Samsung should cut down on the number of phones they release. release a mini version and the regular size version with the same specs.

ddxb0704

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I think they have a bunch of great ideas but I think the main thing to see are more updates for phone stability. Staying ahead of the game with updates to enhance the users experience.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I think they have a bunch of great ideas but I think the main thing to see are more updates for phone stability. Staying ahead of the game with updates to enhance the users experience.

I agree but that seems to be Motorolas niche. They do not release bleeding edge specs but there products are well supported and quick to see an update.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
What I'm expecting:

- SAmoled QHD or UHD
- 5 gig of RAM
- SD 808 clocked at 3 ghz
- notelike build quality
- 5,2 inch
- physical and capative buttons (hate that onscreen crap)

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree but that seems to be Motorolas niche. They do not release bleeding edge specs but there products are well supported and quick to see an update.

That's because Samsung is as far away from what Android as can be ! Motorola is pure Android. This is why it's easy to update without having to sift through the tons of software. Also this is why the new Moto's while not having "bleeding edge specs" run much smoother than Samsung. I'll tell you what, I had the note 1 and 2 and thought I'd never leave Sammy because I thought they were the innovators of Android with all the cool effects and features. Turns out I didn't know dink and didn't use half that crap and it wasn't until I got the Moto X that I actually got what was going in here. Stock Android runs smooth and fast. I'll never go back no matter what the hype is.

Last edited:

kjell_leo

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Some things that I think should be in all of today's phones:

Water resistant.
4k resolution.
GREAT BATTERY!

...and last but not least, better build quality!
Not that plastic [language cleanup]

Last edited by a moderator:

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Do you think we are going to see UHD ? 3860 x 2160 ?

I hope not. Anything more than 1080 is more than the eye could detect and a waste of battery/processor. I honestly think in a 5 inch display, 720 is probably fine but we all know only apple has the balls to only put in only as high a resolution as the eye can detect.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I hope not. Anything more than 1080 is more than the eye could detect and a waste of battery/processor. I honestly think in a 5 inch display, 720 is probably fine but we all know only apple has the balls to only put in only as high a resolution as the eye can detect.

I think it would be nice and an absolute killer feature. Watch the YouTube videos there are differences between the resolutions and especially when it comes to multi tasking its handy

But realistically I think it's going to be qhd with a SD 808 and 5 gig ram

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be nice and an absolute killer feature. Watch the YouTube videos there are differences between the resolutions and especially when it comes to multi tasking its handy

I don't think we'll see 5 GB of RAM...perhaps 4GB and even that will be prolly 25% more than needed, but nice indeed.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site

I agree it will be QHD (at least) . That's a no brained. Samsungs business model seems to be to release its flagship with a minimum of equalling the latest technology available if they are not raising the bar. There is no way they stick with 1080. They could but they won't. It's also highly unlikely that the screen would be smaller, the battery smaller, the camera worse, the ram the same.... You get the idea. Every thing gets an incremental improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress