Galaxy S6 Cell Reception Problems?

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
My service has been horrible. I have verizon, and at home I get 1 bar. That's it! I drove right past verizon the other day and still barely had service :mad: this combined with my horrible battery life is really killing my love for the phone

Posted via the Android Central App

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
anything around 100-ish dBm or below is still considered pretty decent so I wouldn't consider it "broken" or not within acceptable specs, but yes I see your point, it's not as good as 67 dBm

Mine is on 114 :(

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I am lol that's why I'm upset. I've had horrible service even in areas where I used to have full reception with my iphone. I'm starting to miss it

revoman

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Holy crud in a can. I changed my mode from Global to "LTE/CDMA" and my bars immediately went from 1 to 3. Thank you friendly android user helper person!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am lol that's why I'm upset. I've had horrible service even in areas where I used to have full reception with my iphone. I'm starting to miss it

Holy crud in a can. I changed my mode from Global to "LTE/CDMA" and my bars immediately went from 1 to 3. Thank you friendly android user helper person!

Kelsey try this on your Verizon S6 and see if it helps. That would be great if that was the fix .. quick and easy! :D.

jeffmurph004

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have sprint and was seeing 0 to 1 bars everywhere, and I live in coastal Fairfield county in Connecticut where service is not an issue. So an update came along which my phone would not download, the work around is to download Samsung Smart Switch on your computer and phone which will push the update over. That 'fix' did nothing. The only way I could boost signal strength was to switch from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only. So I had to sacrifice 4g for usable service. At least now I could hold a call without it dropping, ughh.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Kelsey try this on your Verizon S6 and see if it helps. That would be great if that was the fix .. quick and easy! :D.

That was the first thing I did. I noticed that all day I only had 3G and two bars where I would normally have 4G and about 4 bars of service, so I contacted Verizon and they told me to turn off my phone so that they could send a software update to my phone because for whatever reason it didn't do it on its own. After it finished I finally got 4G back.

Susana Huggins

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I get horrible cell reception on my new Galaxy s6. So far, I have been really disappointed with the battery life and cellphone reception. Is there anything that can be done to improve these issues? Does anyone know? :-\

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is more than likely partly do to bad cell reception. I get horrible cell reception at my house and phone won't see over 14 hours with 2 hours SOT. At my girlfriends and during work I can go 1.5 days with 4hrs SOT on a single charge.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem now ever since I did the Verizon update. My service has gotten worse. Places I've had 4G LTE now I have 1x which is horrible. Maybe your phone was already updated when you got it. Just a guess

Galaxy S6 Gang

Bryan Cruse

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone take the update and it fix the signal problem? I really don't want to lose root after the update but I'll take it if my signal will be better....

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is more than likely partly do to bad cell reception. I get horrible cell reception at my house and phone won't see over 14 hours with 2 hours SOT. At my girlfriends and during work I can go 1.5 days with 4hrs SOT on a single charge.

Yea I noticed that my battery drains faster when I'm at home and I have horrible service at home

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is your problem. I have the S6 with AT&T and always have strong LTE signal even in remote places between major cities.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been getting regular missed calls, where it doesn't even ring, just goes straight to message bank. Reception likely the issue as my HTC M7 with the same provider never had this issue.

dreaming of electric sheep