New To Samsung, questions regarding features

Tennis4you-com

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So I switched from an iPhone5s to the S6. So far so good, but I do have some questions, hoping someone could help me:

1. With the iPhone I was able to just set the phone to vibrate only for text messages and phone calls. From what I can tell so far is that in order to vibrate the phone has to also have some volume assigned to it. Any way to make it just vibrate with no sound? I am in too many meetings for sound to come through the phone.

2. I have my phone set to show me notifications on the lock screen, but swiping them or clicking them will not take me to the area I would like to go (does not take me anywhere). For example, on the iPhone if I got a text it would show on the lock screen, I could swipe it and view that text immediately. That was ideal, now it is taking multiple clicks and swipes to get to that text message.

3. I keep deleting the voicemails on Visual Voicemail and they keep coming back. I fear it is going to keep my inbox full and not able to receive any messages. Any one know why it is restoring the voicemails?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So I switched from an iPhone5s to the S6. So far so good, but I do have some questions, hoping someone could help me:

1. With the iPhone I was able to just set the phone to vibrate only for text messages and phone calls. From what I can tell so far is that in order to vibrate the phone has to also have some volume assigned to it. Any way to make it just vibrate with no sound? I am in too many meetings for sound to come through the phone.
Turn the sound all the way down. Or pull down the dropdown, look for the speaker and tap it. It'll cycle between a speaker [sound], a speaker with a line through it [no sound] and a speaker with a line through it and squiggly lines on either side of it [vibrate].)

Can't help you on the other 2.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

2. I have my phone set to show me notifications on the lock screen, but swiping them or clicking them will not take me to the area I would like to go (does not take me anywhere). For example, on the iPhone if I got a text it would show on the lock screen, I could swipe it and view that text immediately. That was ideal, now it is taking multiple clicks and swipes to get to that text message.

3. I keep deleting the voicemails on Visual Voicemail and they keep coming back. I fear it is going to keep my inbox full and not able to receive any messages. Any one know why it is restoring the voicemails?

Thanks!

Tap the notification then swipe the screen below the notification itself and that will take you to the message. 5.1 addresses this when it's released. Supposedly, it will be just like the iPhone...access with just a swipe.

About your voice mail..., I'm with sprint and had this problem on my note 4. I called sprint and had them delete the vvm and reinstate. Worked great after that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer