S6 Home Button Loose Rattle

Does your home button rattle when tapped

• Total voters

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in the UK and signed up with Three mobile and got the S6, I too had a rattly/loose home button, noticed it as soon as I got home. I took it back to the store and they checked it against the display model and said that was the same so no issue and wouldn't exchange the handset.

I wasn't satisfied so contacted Samsung via live chat, the basically said what I was experiencing wasn't normal and needed to be taken back to the place of purchase, backed up with the chat transcript I went back to the store and agreed to exchange without much hassle.

Thankfully I now have a black S6 32gb with the perfect solid home button! Just hope it stays that way.

Andy.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
My home button is ok for now but this is exactly why I dont use the double press home button for camera function unless I have to. Constantly double pressing the home button constantly for the camera will probably lead to a loose or non working home button sooner rather than later.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
My home button is ok for now but this is exactly why I dont use the double press home button for camera function unless I have to. Constantly double pressing the home button constantly for the camera will probably lead to a loose or non working home button sooner rather than later.

I have only had my phone about 2.5 months or so, but I double-click the home button for the camera all the time ... I dont even have the camera app icon on a home screen anymore.

My home button is still like the day I got the phone. I don't anticipate any issues in the future. May the button get a little more loose over time? perhaps ... but unless the button stops functioning properly, or feels like it's about to fall out of the phone (neither of which I expect to happen), I don't care. It's just a phone ... a damn nice phone ... but in the end, it IS just a phone ...

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
my original black 32gb verizon s6's home button rattled when i tapped it. took it to the store yesterday to exchange it and the one he brought out to exchange it with rattled too. I pointed this out, but he said this was the only one he had in stock and i could take it or leave it. I took the new one cause it rattled a little less. i asked if i could exchange it again and his reponse was "this is a courtesy exchange" and that was the only time i could exchange it. Told me to take it up with samsung. The button still rattles and its driving me nuts. Anyone else had experience with this "only one exchange" through verizon? I feel they should exchange it till i get one that doesn't rattle.

Ray3613

May 25, 2015
Visit site
It's been 2 months since I'm using this s6 wth a rattled home button. It does suck tht I have a faulty! But I don't thnk it's gonna wear off till my refreshment period.Next time: gonna buy only after readin' all the reviews. Not just 1 or 2.

Posted via the Android Central App

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this same issue, black Verizon model. An annoying lack of quality control from Samsung

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
update: so the 1st replacement they gave me had a static issue with the speaker as well as a loose/rattling home button. unacceptable. went back to the verizon store ready for a battle to get a non faulty device. Got a different person to help me and he had no problem getting me a new one with a nice sturdy home button and properly functioning speaker. Had to open a few boxes to get one, but i eventually did. Hopefully i have no more issues with this phone/button. Faith in verizon restored.

Johx

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Same problem with a 32GB Gold S6, seems like Verizon is not the one with problems since im from Mexico. I've had the phone for about 4 days. Also, right corner from Home button not working.

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Here's my verdict after going through lots of stress (damn OCD!!) after purchasing 2 galaxy s6's as well as tapping on display models at the stores to see if they have the clicking noise which some did and some didn't.

I bought my first black sapphire one from an online seller. Open box but it was practically brand new. It had the clicking noise/rattling problem when the home button was lightly tapped on. Getting really irritated by it I got another one in gold color but this time at the store and it was perfect. Home button wiggled tiny bit but that was fine. No rattles and clicking noises. After few days I was sort of testing out the home button by tapping on it and repeatedly pressing on it with a tiny bit of force to make sure the clicking noises weren't there but it started to happen right after... Lesson learned.

So for those of you who don't have the clicking noise, it will for sure start soon or later. Unless you either don't use the home button or treat it VERY VERY gently. It seems like something gets worn underneath the button and eventually create enough gap for the clicking noises to start.
EDIT: The ghetto fix worked for a while but it started to rattle again..

Last edited:

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
If anyone wants a ghetto fix that gets rid of the clicking noise, PM me. Been using it for the last 3 days and no noise so far.

Lee Sweeting

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine rattles and have found a problem when I set fingerprint scanner on as lock screen.... My home button must be stuck in on one side as when the lock screen is on it always stays alive thinking I am pressing the home button in

emaratyeagle

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue!

I've had my S6 for 3 days now. It started out great, but now the home button feels loose and has a rattle when you tap it lightly. It feels very cheap now.

I've read some reports on other forums, but nothing conclusive. Curious how many folks have experienced this.

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my 4th different s6 trying to get one that doesn't rattle. The third one had a solid button, but the front facing camera didn't work. The fourth one started out with no rattle, but has since worked itself loose and now rattles. Stuck with it now as its past my 14 days. Don't really notice it most times, but sometimes I tap the button and hear that rattle and it really annoys me that a phone this expensive has a button that rattles and makes it feel cheaply made. Thanks samsung...

Zohaib Ali3

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem i only realised a day after my refund warrant Ive been battling with samsung for three months now sent the phone 5 times and they keep sending it back saying theres nothing wrong with it. any advice on how I can get them to replace it

Larry Ashurst

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I've been interested in the 6 edge plus and I've just been into an 02 store to look. I noticed that the phone on show had a loose home button. So I googled it and there are problems with it. It felt as though it could fall out. Looks like I'll be waiting for the LG G4 pro then.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been interested in the 6 edge plus and I've just been into an 02 store to look. I noticed that the phone on show had a loose home button. So I googled it and there are problems with it. It felt as though it could fall out. Looks like I'll be waiting for the LG G4 pro then.

Both my s6 home buttons have been solid... those demos must have beat up a lot. I wouldn't be worried from my experience since launch. My replacement was due to camera sensor, home button great on it too. Just my 2 cents. If battery is a big deal, as you're a heavy user id suggest a phablet.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Those thinking if this should bother you or not, I'm a person who notices the slightest of things and am impatient with many of my gadgets. They just have to work perfectly otherwise I get a new one.

I noticed this rattle the second I pressed the home button for the first time.

And it doesn't bother me. At all. It's no big deal. It works perfectly. It's still nice and tactile. Makes the clicky sound. Does everything perfectly. Doesn't get affected in the long run. My brother has an s6 with a rattle too. Doesn't bother him either.

Those who are bothered by it you guys are right you deserve a perfect phone with all the money you're spending.

But this isn't a big deal to me.

S Rakius

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Here's a quick and easy fix for you guys. At the time of writing this, there is no solution, besides replacing the home button or replacing the phone.
The slightest misalignment annoys me. My perfectionist brethrens will share my pain.
After searching hours on solution, and even considering disassembling and replacing the home button, I managed to stop the rattling/clicking.

Steps:
1. Slip the corner of a piece of paper into the gap in the home button where there is movement (or "clicking" sound) to identify the source of imbalance.
2. Cut a small piece of paper. This piece should be extremely small (in the 1-2 mm range) to fix into the gap found in step 1.
3. Using a tweezer, slip this piece into the gap in home button.
4. Repeat as necessary to fill in the gaps.

It's a timely process but works.

Let me know how it works for you gents.

SR