Unlocking from a notification on lock screen behaves oddly

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So its nice that you can click on a notification on the lock screen then swipe and it'll open directly into that app.

The problem i'm having is when i do this sometimes it just locks the phone. Screen turns off, and nothing happens. I will then press the home button and it unlocks and goes straight into the app as if i had unlocked it the first time.

I'm running as stock as you can get on the S6. Not even a theme. I can't seem to recreate the issue at will, but it does happen often but randomly.

Anyone else having this issue and know how to fix it?

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So its nice that you can click on a notification on the lock screen then swipe and it'll open directly into that app.

The problem i'm having is when i do this sometimes it just locks the phone. Screen turns off, and nothing happens. I will then press the home button and it unlocks and goes straight into the app as if i had unlocked it the first time.

I'm running as stock as you can get on the S6. Not even a theme. I can't seem to recreate the issue at will, but it does happen often but randomly.

If the phone locked already (from the lock screen) and you then swiped the notification this would be normal behavior as you must unlock 1st else anyone would have access to your phone

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
If the phone locked already (from the lock screen) and you then swiped the notification this would be normal behavior as you must unlock 1st else anyone would have access to your phone

Well i don't have any security on my phone, its just the swipe to unlock. So i would expect that when i click the notification and swipe the lock screen it will unlock the phone and open the app.

Instead when i swipe after clicking the notification, it just locks again, but then i click the home button and it "finishes" unlocking and opening the app.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Well i don't have any security on my phone, its just the swipe to unlock. So i would expect that when i click the notification and swipe the lock screen it will unlock the phone and open the app.

Instead when i swipe after clicking the notification, it just locks again, but then i click the home button and it "finishes" unlocking and opening the app.

Then in theory you don't need a lock screen just a home screen :) not sure if this option is available else it seems like poor programing not allowing your option/scenario of no security on a lock screen

jiletakipz

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem. I use a pattern lock screen. When I first click on the notification, and then subsequently draw the pattern, the phone locks instead of unlocking. I then have to click the lock or home button again and redraw the pattern to open it. The second time I draw the pattern, the notification is gone from the lock screen, as if it thought I had successfully unlocked and checked it on the first attempt. Hoping that someone has a good reason for why this is happening, and potentially a quick fix, although I doubt that will be the case.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm having the same issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer