Download Booster, do you use it?

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just re-enabled Download Booster on my GS6, just to see if there's any real benefit in using it. I got a good data plan, so that doesn't worry me. Are you guys using it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have unlimited data with T-Mobile and don't use it. I don't really see a need since it only kicks in for files 30 MB or higher and I usually don't download.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
They should of made the download booster to work all the time not just downloading a file bigger than 30mb. Once your phone is set up how often does someone download a lot of stuff. Not very often at leat not me anyway. But if it worked no matter what you we're downloading then it would be worth using.

shinte

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I also have a unlimited data plan with Sprint and don't use it. Download Booster is not even an option on the Sprint S6.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I tried it once. It was kind of hit and miss. When I was doing the setup after a Factory data reset, I turned Wifi on and turned download booster on. During the playstore updates, I had several over 30 MB size updates where the icon never lit up, and then I ran into 2 where the icon lit up during the download. one of the 2 was around 34 MB, the other was around 60 MB. But I had some around those ranges where the icon never lit up.

So I just turned it back off and never bothered with it again.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They should of made the download booster to work all the time not just downloading a file bigger than 30mb. Once your phone is set up how often does someone download a lot of stuff. Not very often at leat not me anyway. But if it worked no matter what you we're downloading then it would be worth using.

It makes sense to have some limit before it kicks in. Most tasks on wifi can be done instantly so trying to initiate LTE to "help" would just drain battery more and be useless.

Last edited:

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
It makes since to have some limit before it kicks in. Most tasks on wifi can be done instantly so trying to initiate LTE to "help" would just drain battery more and be useless.
Makes sense.
Never thought of it that way.
But the 2 times I did try to use it it was hit and miss at best like one of the other members posted so I just turned it off and never bothered with it again.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have used it downloading several large You Tube concerts. Works really fast. Problem is the other service your downloading from needs to be able to handle the 2 separate connections.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I cannot locate the download booster on the Spirit Note 4. Anyone know if it is supported?

Posted via the Android Central App

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
At&T is so messed up. They will screw you every chance they can on data. You have an unlimited data plan but can't download the data. Is there any secret setting available to enable the Download Booster?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Wow I'm so jealous of all you people in America with your unlimited data plans. I only get 10gb a month...

Not everyone has unlimited - our family of four shares 6GB/mo. Using Wifi a lot, we rarely hit 2GB/mo, and three of us probably don't even hit 500MB total.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Not everyone has unlimited - our family of four shares 6GB/mo. Using Wifi a lot, we rarely hit 2GB/mo, and three of us probably don't even hit 500MB total.

That's where my technology life also sucks. I'm not allowed a landline where I live so I only have a mobile broadband connection of 25gb per month giving me a combined total of 35gb a month. Oh and I pay $160 a month for that measly 25gb too. Fun times -__-