Saving & Switching Home Screen Configuration

Quickdood

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app or a built in function of the S6 that allows saving and switching how widgets and folders are arranged on the home screen? Some of the widgets and apps/folders I use during the working week are not relevant during the weekend. Is there a quick way of switching between work mode and weekend mode without having to manually delete and re-arrange widgets and apps/folders on the home screen?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Never hear of one but it is a fun feature on the HTC M9. My homescreens are arranged for use regardless of my location.

Quickdood

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I wondering if the Guest Mode function which is coming in the 5.1 update would address this. Would it be possible to have two users with the same email address but different home screen configurations?

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there an app or a built in function of the S6 that allows saving and switching how widgets and folders are arranged on the home screen? Some of the widgets and apps/folders I use during the working week are not relevant during the weekend. Is there a quick way of switching between work mode and weekend mode without having to manually delete and re-arrange widgets and apps/folders on the home screen?

If you're interested in a different launcher, Nova launcher allows you to backup and restore your layout.

Quickdood

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Nova Launcher is what I normally use on my devices but I really like Touchwiz this time around (can't believe I just typed that).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're interested in a different launcher, Nova launcher allows you to backup and restore your layout.

There are backup versions in the Nova launcher that allow switching? Just a question and not meant as a sarcastic comment nor was it intended to be judgmental or offensive in any way.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There are backup versions in the Nova launcher that allow switching? Just a question and not meant as a sarcastic comment nor was it intended to be judgmental or offensive in any way.

With Nova you can rearrange your Widgets, folders and apps in general, save it, then do your whole new rearrange and changes and then save it with another name, then when you want to switch between one and the other, just go to Nova and do a restore, select the one you want and that's it, then when you want to go back to the other settings just do another restore and voila!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
With Nova you can rearrange your Widgets, folders and apps in general, save it, then do your whole new rearrange and changes and then save it with another name, then when you want to switch between one and the other, just go to Nova and do a restore, select the one you want and that's it, then when you want to go back to the other settings just do another restore and voila!

Thanks very much for the clarification.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Why not set up seperate screens? The home screen could have your everyday stuff. I have only 3 screens for now, Music Widgets-Home-Calendar/Keep. Something like Left swipes for Work and right for Leisure may work for you.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Why not set up seperate screens? The home screen could have your everyday stuff. I have only 3 screens for now, Music Widgets-Home-Calendar/Keep. Something like Left swipes for Work and right for Leisure may work for you.
Great suggestion and mirrors my thoughts exactly but the Nova option is pretty cool. Just my opinion and not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Great suggestion and mirrors my thoughts exactly but the Nova option is pretty cool. Just my opinion and not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way.

Yes that definitely works best if they want a totally different experience between the two.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes that definitely works best if they want a totally different experience between the two.

A nice option in. Nova to long press the homescreen and be able to toggle between saved homescreen configurations.

Just a thought and not intended as,sarcasm or judgment or offensive in any way.

Fedginator

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
You could install a 3rd party launcher (eg nova) with a different layout and then switch default home app whenever needed

Posted via the Android Central App

chonghak

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
So, I get that you can save/restore with a different launcher. Is there a way to save/restore WITHOUT a different launcher? Probably no, huh?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So, I get that you can save/restore with a different launcher. Is there a way to save/restore WITHOUT a different launcher? Probably no, huh?

I have never tried to restore from it (so do at your own risk) but if you use Helium you can do a backup of com.sec.android.app.launcher and that is the TouchWiz launcher, so maybe it can restore from that, but be sure to just use this if you are restoring to the same device or at least same device model as TouchWiz varies from device to device and restoring one TouchWiz version into another one can easily soft brick your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo