My screen is stuck in black and white

tylergammill

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
So I had my phone in my pocket all night, with a screen code lock so nothing could be pressed, and when I woke up and took it out everything was in black and white (apps, texts, entire interface). I know this is what happens when you turn on Ultra Power Save mode, but it wasn't enabled when I checked. I enabled and disabled that mode, cleared my cache partition, checked under Direct Access to make sure Grayscale wasn't on, rebooted, and I've restarted a couple of times. Nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Mike Bruce

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
under accessibility, select vision and make sure greyscale is turned off. not sure how that happens, but I have had a customer in the same situation where he didn't know how it got turned on.

halrhp

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So I had my phone in my pocket all night, with a screen code lock so nothing could be pressed, and when I woke up and took it out everything was in black and white (apps, texts, entire interface). I know this is what happens when you turn on Ultra Power Save mode, but it wasn't enabled when I checked. I enabled and disabled that mode, cleared my cache partition, checked under Direct Access to make sure Grayscale wasn't on, rebooted, and I've restarted a couple of times. Nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Did not help to remove battery. Check settings display blue light 2 make sure b+e is not selected.

Last edited:

CyrusDavis

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same problem, although in settings my only available options are wifi, Bluetooth, airplane mode mobile networks location sounds and vibration and brightness. On brightness all that is available is scaleing how bright it is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89