How do enter the first and last name during registration on Samsung S6?

A

AC Question

Entering first and last name during registration on Samsung S6

I just bought (well Verizon Edge plan) 2 Samsung S6 phones, migrating from iPhones.
My phone was partially set up at BestBuy, I set up my wife's at home, during the initial setup it asked for first and last name, it says something about google apps in the dialog.
I usually shorten my very Polish last name when setting up tech - just identity conscious. I do not know what they entered on my phone at the store, I'm guessing my full last name but not 100% sure. I did enter the wife's full info but it has been bugging me, I'm thinking about doing a full wipe and starting over but idk how much it really matters.

So here is my question, I have looked everywhere in the settings and can not find anything other than Phone Name (settings - about phone), how can I find out what they put?

Also, who is that kind of info transmitted to and how is that info used in this case?

Thanks!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Entering first and last name during registration on Samsung S6

Welcome to Android Central! It would help for us to know exactly what on the phone is asking you for your name. Is it asking you to log into your Google account? That should be the email account associated with your Google account, not your full name. Show us a snapshot of that screen--here's how to post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

AZSobo

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! It would help for us to know exactly what on the phone is asking you for your name. Is it asking you to log into your Google account? That should be the email account associated with your Google account, not your full name. Show us a snapshot of that screen--here's how to post: <Link removed because new accounts can't post links >

I asked this question as a guest but went ahead and joined because I know I'll have more questions or just want to read up on my new phones and their many features.

Yea, I didn't get a screen shot or take a pic of it.
It was maybe the 3rd or so screen after the first time I turned it on after bring it home. I'm not 100% of the exact reasoning but it said something about apps (I think) and it asked for First Name and Last Name - it was well before I needed to enter the google account info. I can't get back to it to take a screen shot or I would just go ahead and change it. Like I said, I went ahead and entered my wife's full name and haven't seen her name anywhere, in any 'phone info' page on the phone so idk.

If I do go ahead and wipe it to start over I'll be sure to get a pic but I'd rather not wipe everything out, I've been adding apps and setting up the accounts for the apps and such for both phones, not a big deal but it is time consuming.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, but I can't be sure what part of the Setup Wizard that was. It might be something specific to Samsung, since the Setup Wizard for all of my devices (Nexus 5 & 7, ASUS Zenfone 2, Moto G) doesn't ask for first and last name. Perhaps it's just the name that the main user profile gets labeled as. Or it might go into the Owner Info. Go to Settings>Lock Screen & Security>Show Information​, and see if her name is listed there already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38