Is it worth the cost: Nova Prime

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone out there with experience with Nova thinks it's worth the cost of upgrading to prime. I want the ability to use the Unread feature which is for prime only so that's why I'm considering it. Any feedback would be appreciated

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend the prime upgrade, not only does it support Nova but you also get gesture control too. Plus if I plan on installing a launcher I want full control over it, not partial.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nova was the first app I bought and never regretted it. I don't use those notification badges, for me the big difference is in the gestures, swipe up actions, drawer organisation and backups.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Purchased the prime version a few years ago and have zero regrets. Tried others and always return to nova..

Sent from my Verizon LG G4 from my couch in Portland, Oregon

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the paid version of Action Launcher after seeing how many at AC use it and I already paid for Nova Prime. All I can say is Nova prime is worth it and to me it is still the best out there.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have used Nova Prime on all my Samsung phones and use it on my two Samsung tablets. I find it works great. I personally don't see how any stays with TouchWiz. I tried to use it when I switched from HTC several years ago. Tried it again when I bought my first Samsung tablet. I really like the flexibility of Nova Prime.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is by far worth it. You will have no regrets in buying purchasing it.

Btw TW has been slimed way down over thr years with the s6 being the slimmest yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have used Nova a ton of my Android devices. I believe the Prime price is 100% worth it. :).

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend the prime upgrade, not only does it support Nova but you also get gesture control too. Plus if I plan on installing a launcher I want full control over it, not partial.

My thoughts exactly, and for me personally, gesture control alone was worth the $4.99. Not to mention the benefit of full TeslaUnread functionality and appearance customization for its notifications.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Definitely worth upgrading to Prime. Get Tesla Unread for the notification badges. Got Prime immediately after having read the positive recommendations in this forum.

Posted via the Android Central App

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how a few dollars for an app can cause people to pause for a minute. I remember paying over US$500.00 for Microsoft Office back in the day.

$4.99 for Nova Prime is a complete no brainer to me. I bought it back when it was just coming out of beta and use it on every android device without hesitation.

--
Should there be smoke coming out of my cpu?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
It's funny how a few dollars for an app can cause people to pause for a minute. I remember paying over US$500.00 for Microsoft Office back in the day.

$4.99 for Nova Prime is a complete no brainer to me. I bought it back when it was just coming out of beta and use it on every android device without hesitation.

--
Should there be smoke coming out of my cpu?

When you are on a pension even something as "small" as $5 matters. Especially when that is in American dollars and the currency rate between America and Australia is so bad at the moment

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When you are on a pension even something as "small" as $5 matters. Especially when that is in American dollars and the currency rate between America and Australia is so bad at the moment
I very much understand, anyone on a fixed income would be a very different situation.

I was really just addressing the difference in expectation for app prices coming from the old days in computers when a game was US$60 (and still often is) and productivity software ran upwards of US$1000. Heck, I remember upgrading Windows for a > US$200 at one point in time!

Compared to those kinds of numbers, todays phone apps seem incredibly cheap to me. Obviously YMMV.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've considered buying it as well. I've never used any 3rd party launcher before. Most people suggested Nova Prime, but when I looked at the screenshots on Play Store I didn't think it looked good at all so I held off. After the more recent article on AC that showed that it can look good, I'm more tempted. It's on my list for whenever I put my sim back in my Android phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've considered buying it as well. I've never used any 3rd party launcher before. Most people suggested Nova Prime, but when I looked at the screenshots on Play Store I didn't think it looked good at all so I held off. After the more recent article on AC that showed that it can look good, I'm more tempted. It's on my list for whenever I put my sim back in my Android phone.

Take it from someone who took a long time to be sold on a third party launcher. I thought it would be a passing fad but I have stuck with it for more than six weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87