Samsung galaxy S6 locks too easy, how can I disable the lock feature?

RexTheCapt

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Samsung galaxy S6 locks too easy

I have a little problem where im using the phone horisontal i cant use my left hand becouse when i do i am covering the sensor and the screen goes black until i remove my left arm from the sensor again. is it possible to disable this feature? its getting enoying and i am reading alot in the web browser and everytime the screen goes black i have to start over from the beginning again. i am currently holding the phone in a way i dont like to keep my fingers from the sensor

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy S6 locks too easy

The proximity sensor shouldn't disable/turn off the screen while browsing. That should only happen when using the phone. Could the device be timing out? If so, I would suggest going into the system settings > display. Adjust the time accordingly.

RexTheCapt

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Its not timing out, i set it to 10 min and i can read all text on the screen under 1 min, so its impossible for it to time out, im using the firefox web browser on the phone btw.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Turn the phone over, so the sensor is on the other side. (It's not a fix, it's a Band-Aid. The sensor shouldn't turn the screen off except during a phone call. You could have a bad update flash.)

RexTheCapt

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

the problem fixed itself. i think it may be becouse the room was dark. does darkness have something to do with it?