Galaxy S6: Facebook app doesn't work! How can I get it working?

A

AC Question

I bought my Galaxy S6 yesterday and when I try to launch the Facebook app, it closes and there is a message saying "Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped.". I can log into my account but I cannot use it. I've seen many people complaining about this same error with other apps, but I couldn't solve my problem. I've already tried to uninstall it, to clear cache and data but nothing seems to work. The app doesn't open even on safe mode. Does anybody know how to solve it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the S6 forum, because the Facebook Home forum it was originally posted in is intended for the Facebook Home launcher app (which isn't very popular these days).

Is Facebook preinstalled on the phone? If so, are you sure that's the full Facebook app, or is it some kind of proprietary Samsung TouchWiz interface with Facebook? If you go to the Play Store and search for Facebook, does it show that it's already installed?

Mick Jenkins

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and seems like it is only on the s6 and it is pre installed I have uninstalled updates and re booted with no success
I have rooted my phone and deleted the app from my phone and installed from play store as a personal app but still not working correctly getting same message Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped
my partner as the s5 and has no issues with the app which makes me think it is only the s6
any help would be great

Last edited:

QuentinSA

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy

I have the same Issue.I have the S6 for about 2 months now. The previous versions of Facebook worked fine. Last night the latest version of the app installed (eventhough my settings are to not install Automatically...but that is something for another day...) and after the install, it tries to open and after abou 3 seconds, just says "Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped"

The app version is 44.0.0.26.142
Im running Android 5.0.2

I am busy downloading the latest update: 5.1.1 and hopefully this will resolve the issue. Will let you know shortly.

Cheers. Q

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy

I have the same Issue.I have the S6 for about 2 months now. The previous versions of Facebook worked fine. Last night the latest version of the app installed (eventhough my settings are to not install Automatically...but that is something for another day...) and after the install, it tries to open and after abou 3 seconds, just says "Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped"

The app version is 44.0.0.26.142
Im running Android 5.0.2

I am busy downloading the latest update: 5.1.1 and hopefully this will resolve the issue. Will let you know shortly.

Cheers. Q

Sounds like it's a developer issue, based on something with the new version
May want to reach out via the contact on the play store

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was going to say make sure you update to 5.1.1 then install and update, it should work fine after that.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams.

Rick Oakes

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I bought my Galaxy S6 yesterday and when I try to launch the Facebook app, it closes and there is a message saying "Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped.". I can log into my account but I cannot use it. I've seen many people complaining about this same error with other apps, but I couldn't solve my problem. I've already tried to uninstall it, to clear cache and data but nothing seems to work. The app doesn't open even on safe mode. Does anybody know how to solve it?

I was having the same problem
I deleted the FB app and then updated my S6 to 5.1.1 and reinstalled FB app mine is working again with 5.1.1

Posted via the Android Central App

ana maria Chirita

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem
I deleted the FB app and then updated my S6 to 5.1.1 and reinstalled FB app mine is working again with 5.1.1

Posted via the Android Central App
I have the same issu ..my app stpops instantly so i was..what a hack ...but now that i am seeing moste of you guys have the same issu...on my s3 it works perfectly ..but on my s6 doesn t ..love facebook but they have to fix this error...i need facebook in my life so..let s do someting about this problem pls..

Last edited:

Bluesunja

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I just solved it:
First uninstall it from playstore on your samsung galaxy.
search for Facebook again in playstore and klick on open
if there is a need for updating update it (you will have a message saying needs to be updated.)

When it is uploaded enter your login name and password for Facebook
Now you have it :)