Can I used tempered glass protector with Lifeproof case?

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just bought s6 and I'm so impressed! The best phone I've ever had, and it looks amazing! I also bought lifeproof fre case, as i work in very rough conditions.

Do i actually need a screen protector with this case? And if i get a screen protector would it make my case useless? I found very mixed opinions online, so i just wanted to check here before i go and buy one.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
The lifeproof has a built in screen protector

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks natural. I'm aware of that. However, due to the rough conditions I'm working in, i thought i might need an additional screen protector. Namely, i often find small rocks of dirt in my pockets together with my phone. Obviously, rocks and phone in a very condoned and tight space = potential screen damage.

Bearing this in mind, you think one screen protector (the one that comes with lifeproof fre case) is enough?

And how good is this screen protector that comes with lifeproof fre case? It definitely doesn't look as tough as gorilla glass.

Cheers!

naturalguy#AC

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha, the lifeproof screen protector is plastic and I would guess that it is likely to scratch under your conditions but it will protect the phones screen

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks natural. I'm aware of that. However, due to the rough conditions I'm working in, i thought i might need an additional screen protector. Namely, i often find small rocks of dirt in my pockets together with my phone. Obviously, rocks and phone in a very condoned and tight space = potential screen damage.

Bearing this in mind, you think one screen protector (the one that comes with lifeproof fre case) is enough?

And how good is this screen protector that comes with lifeproof fre case? It definitely doesn't look as tough as gorilla glass.

Cheers!

If you have a lifeproof case your screen should be protected from that. The main thing with tempered glass screen protectors is that if you drop your phone it take the energy from the fall and breaks so your phonea screen won't so its only really necessary if your using a light case.

Posted via the Android Central App

Brandon Doucet

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Not taking anything away from lifeproof cases bc it has saved my phone a few times but just last week i dropped my phone abt waist high in my kitchen and i had in lifeproof case and sure enough my screen cracked. And as much as i like my galaxy compaired to iphone i dont like the cost of a new screen!!! Roughly $230 for a 3rd party to change. I found a screen online for $130 and gunna do it myself. Goin to try to put a tempered glass protector as well as lifeproof. Hopefully it works. Goodluck

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Not taking anything away from lifeproof cases bc it has saved my phone a few times but just last week i dropped my phone abt waist high in my kitchen and i had in lifeproof case and sure enough my screen cracked. And as much as i like my galaxy compaired to iphone i dont like the cost of a new screen!!! Roughly $230 for a 3rd party to change. I found a screen online for $130 and gunna do it myself. Goin to try to put a tempered glass protector as well as lifeproof. Hopefully it works. Goodluck

Hi Branson,

I'd be very interested to hear whether you bought a tempered glass protector for your phone. And whether it works fine?

Cheers!

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been using my s6 with the lifeproof fre case and a plastic screen protector for the past 5 months or so. However yesterday I took the phone out of the case, just out of curiosity, and realized that the plastic screen protector that was installed on my phone had quite a few small scratches. I was tempted to remove it just to see whether the actual phone screen is scratched as well, but I just left it on. As I said above, I work in very harsh and dusty conditions and hence how it happened. Should I worry about the phone screen being scratched? I was pretty surprised that the plastic screen protector got scratched underneath the LifeProof's screen.

I'm thinking of installing this time a tempered glass protector instead to protect my screen better. Would you know which one would work with life proof fre case? I assume it has to be a very thin one. I also assume it would provide a better anti scratch protection than the plastic one.

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Even a thin one like Zagg?

I was pretty surprised that the scratches went through the lifeproof screen and left marks on the plastic screen protector that I had installed. Hopefully my phone's screen is intact.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Even a thin one like Zagg?

I was pretty surprised that the scratches went through the lifeproof screen and left marks on the plastic screen protector that I had installed. Hopefully my phone's screen is intact.
You can try but did not work for me with generic tempered glass

Bryan King3

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
The lifeproof fre cases do not have any screen protection

The lifeproof FRE case has a hard plastic cover that covers the screen and completely seals the phone making it water proof that same plastic that seals your phone inside also doubles as a screen protector so stop being a **** ya fat Hawaiian

Gennybrown19

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy 6 I use a glass screen protector and I use it inside of a Lifeproof case has made all the difference in the world I dropped this phone all the time due to an injury to my right arm and without these cases it would have been a mess LifeProof also replaces the cases should the gate come off they send it to you all you do is pay the shipping