turn screen wake off for notifications

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a GS6 stock for AT&T. Every time I get a notification, my screen lights up. When I had my HTC m9, the screen never woke up besides for calls. It's really annoying having the screen light up for any and all notifications. I've tried turning off pop up notifications, previews, and everything I can try to shut it off but nothing works. Any advice to turn screen wake off for all notifications?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
My issue is with EVERYTHING, not just with text messages. I've seen plenty of threads asking about that and it's not my problem. It's every type of notification that lights it up.

Does anyone know how to shut that off if it's rooted? I'll root this phone just to stop it, that's how annoying it is

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have lockscreen notifications on? I have them off and nothing lights up my Note 5 when a notification comes in.

Now one thing I also use is the Heads Off application and that outs my notifications on the status bar and turns off the Heads Up pop up notifications.

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've tried turning notifications off for the lockscreen and it will still light the screen up when something comes through, but does not show the notification.

I've even tried apps like AC Display, LightFlow, and a few others that have the option to enable or disable screen light up, but even if it's disabled in the app it still lights my screen up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Try that Heads Off app in the Play Store. There is a free version. It has stopped full battery pop ups and other various pop ups.

That is odd it is lighting up your screen though. That can be carrier related, but when I had AT&T never happened with any of my phones and my Note 5 on TMO doesn't do that.

One other thing.. Sounds and notifications in settings.. Then look at app notifications. Do you have any of these apps set as priority or are they turned off like this? Now if it is an app you never want it to notify you, turning block on my stop it.

Attachments

• 1446496275103.jpg
    1446496275103.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 34
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Using the Heads Off app seems to keep the screen from lighting up, but then the notification is not on the lockscreen or taskbar. I have to unlock my phone to see what the notification is via the taskbar, which seems counter intuitive. I still want my notifications of my lockscreen and taskbar, but I do not want my screen to light up. Didn't have that issue with HTC. :confused:

It must have something to do with the carrier, but who knows. I've seen other threads of people complaining about the same thing with this device on other carriers and there seems to be no solution. None of my apps are set to priority.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well with the heads off, you can buy the pro key.

Did you turn the ticker on with heads off? It makes it like the old notification, it can have it scroll across the status bar.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You can customize the ticker and make it behave in different ways. I don't do that. You might need the pro key for that. It isn't expensive, I think less than $2.00.

Attachments

• 1446500829934.jpg
    1446500829934.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 27
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I turned the ticker on and it doesn't display notifications on the lockscreen. I might buy the app and see what it does. This whole ordeal is much more frustrating than it needs to be.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well to display notifications on the lockscreen, you will have to turn that option on with your phone, but that will light up your screen..

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
And that's what I want, the notifications to go to lockscreen but not light it up. Samsung should have to option for it one would think. My other phone was like that by default and I absolutely loved it. None of the apps I try do that. It's either get notifications and have my screen light up, whether or not it goes it lockscreen, or flash the LED with a notification but it does not display it on the lockscreen or the notification bar. Or it's even lit out the screen when something comes through but doesn't display it anywhere until the phone is unlocked.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well with heads off and that ticker, it will show up and you can increase the time. I don't know if you can pull down the status bar without unlocking or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgrochowski